Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Questions and Inquiries (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Would u buy regeneration potions? (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3457)

NotMyWay 12-08-2007 11:41 AM

Would u buy regeneration potions?

For those who dont know, the potion production skill can create 2 potions at 150 skill (all tier 1)

HP regeneration potion:
regain 12hp per second for 15 seconds
(total 180 hp)
Regular hp potion heals 250 hp

Sp regeneration potion:
regain 11sp per second for 15 seconds
(total 165 sp)
Regular sp potion heals 230 sp

Obviously, regular potions heal more hp overall, but regeneration potions require more skill, and also they restore hp/sp over time. would anyone buy a regeneration potion and how much would u be willing to pay, and how much is that relative to regular potions in ur server? thank you.

Spirit 12-08-2007 12:26 PM

I have made it and I have used it. I quit making it and I quit using it. In my opinion they are a waste.

jacquin 12-08-2007 04:54 PM

Seconded what Spirit said. When I saw that SP regens took half the magic crystals (and I was low on them) I said "Jackpot!".

Then I had my mage actually rely on them. The regen is too slow for emergencies and the gain is too little. I ended up NPCing my vanished signs (those things can FLOOD an inventory) and going back to normal SP pots. I can't imagine trying to survive on HP regens.

If they had a seperate timer to normal pots (like how cleric heal and restore can be used seperately) then it'd be a nice way to suppliment your healing. As is, it's blah.

FatalLace 12-08-2007 05:14 PM

i've made them just to build my skill lvl when i wasn't in need of hp/sp pots and sold them basically @ cost, around 10c a piece. they sold quickly even with my shop advertising them as REGENs. seems likes some people like em.

Spirit 12-08-2007 05:23 PM

I would buy them if I saw them for 10c. Because you can always use them if you are running from one place to another and dont want to shroom up. However, in the heat of the battle, I found them pretty useless. It is simply up to the user. The lower levels may find them more useful than the higher levels.

Triumph 12-09-2007 05:09 PM

They're not so bad, in my opinion.

If you have Vanished Signs to spare, and have a shortage of Magic Crystals or Spirit Fruit, these are great for leveling your Potion Production. I've personally used the strategy, and used the potions myself. If you do serious grinding, these can be useful, as you probably will never have to stop if you use stones as well.

Valentines 12-09-2007 08:23 PM

I personally don't use them as they do seem like a waste.

Hessah 12-09-2007 09:23 PM

i dont use them, but i do make them (starting to get a bunch of vanished signs from my mule)

i sell them for 70c each, and surprisingly they do get sold! (That's better profits than my normal potions which i sell for 40c)

Triumph 12-10-2007 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hessah (Post 55087)
i dont use them, but i do make them (starting to get a bunch of vanished signs from my mule)

i sell them for 70c each, and surprisingly they do get sold! (That's better profits than my normal potions which i sell for 40c)

70c is a lot for something that heals less than a regular HP potion...

Spirit 12-10-2007 03:52 AM

I turn all of my vanished signs into signs of trace because you will blow through those making HP T2.
To me those are more valuable than HP Regen.