Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mage (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Skill Empower (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1313)

Symphoni 09-12-2007 02:58 AM

Skill Empower

Which Skill to Empower?

Yosei 09-12-2007 03:04 AM

I did a decrease cool time and a decrease SP use on each one. I've done some more than others, can't remember which ones though.

Rightclaw 09-12-2007 03:11 AM

The only skill I empowered was decrease cool time to Magic Missile. I guess you could add damage to Fire Bolt....

KY_Jelly 09-12-2007 08:20 AM

i added damage to magic missle and now i am decreasing cool time. next i will decrease SP usage.

I figure if i'm gonna spam it so much, i might as well make it as good as it can get. So i suggest 15 points on MM.

mashin 09-12-2007 08:55 AM

A lot of ppl say : CD on magic missle and power on Fire Bolt.

I think: why not Power on Magic Missle and CD on fire bolt? Fire bolt has already good damage and with CD reduced u got 2 spell (both lv 1) to alternate very quick.

It's cos power on magic missle give less bonus damage that the same enpow on fire bolt? And the same per CD on fire bolt ?

I have to make some tests @_@

KY_Jelly 09-12-2007 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mashin (Post 19215)
A lot of ppl say : CD on magic missle and power on Fire Bolt.

I think: why not Power on Magic Missle and CD on fire bolt? Fire bolt has already good damage and with CD reduced u got 2 spell (both lv 1) to alternate very quick.

It's cos power on magic missle give less bonus damage that the same enpow on fire bolt? And the same per CD on fire bolt ?

I have to make some tests @_@

if you spam mm1, adding damage power is a waste. If you use max fire bolt, CD empowering is a waste.

now I use level 1 and max level of both spells (depending on occasion) I still believe just empowering the balls off MM wil yield great results. that's the mage's bread and butter and a lot of people use that attack as much if not more than any other. so why not make it as good a spell as it can get?

I feel by spending 15 points on magic missle, you are getting the most use out of those points.

mashin 09-12-2007 10:58 AM

I use both spell lv 1 and max too.

For grind and KQ i dont need the max lv (with lv 1 i got more DPS ) so why u dont consider the benefits of enpower CD of FB lv1 and increase power of MM?

It's true that MM lv 1 enpowered with power get a little damage increase, but better than nothing if i spam it in combo with FB, right ?

KY_Jelly 09-12-2007 03:46 PM

but if you use JUST level 1 MM (a lot of people do) than its not really worth the points. they could be better spent somewhere else

Lilly 09-12-2007 04:10 PM

I got confused at first on how to play the different ranks, so I had bought MM highest rank at 20 or 21 and empowered it. Then I realized MM1 was best for spamming, but I tried to empower that and the one point gave me +1 dmg but then adding a 2nd point didn't do anything. So I don't know- can you not keep empowering lower level skills? There are 2 dots = 2 dmg empowers, but only +1 dmg showing. Blah.

Also, I am done empowering FB and now starting the cooldown. Even +1 on the cooldown is .8 sec. That's a pretty decent cooldown even with just one point!

Another question: I figure you should keep getting the highest ranking FBs bc it's so powerful, but is it worth it to keep putting empowering dmg pts in FB if every few levels you switch ranks and the points don't carry over?

KY_Jelly 09-12-2007 07:12 PM

the points do carry over.

thats my argument that if you just use MM1 and dont use MM max that often, then empowering damage is a waste of points. +5 to damage for MM1 adds 3 damage i think. MM3 it adds like 36 tho, making it much more effective use of points.

If you use FB max often (most mages do, i've noticed) then i suggest empowering cooldown.

What i will do is put 15 points on magic missle then save the rest of my points till later, see what high level skills i use most.