Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   M O S (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Alive (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21818)

Loveless 06-22-2009 06:47 AM

Alive

Quote:

http://www.mangafox.com/store/manga/427/cover.jpg
Summary

A high schooler named Taisuke Kanou is living with his older sister, Youko, after the death of his parents. He lives a relatively quiet life until a massive surge of suicides around the world known as the "Nightmare Week" begins.

From that moment on, weird phenomena begin to occur around Taisuke. He is victim of space travelling illusions. He sees a smiling girl who jumps to her death from atop a building. His best friend, Hirose, is framed for murder. His classmates are killing themselves for no apparent reason. Furthermore, the police always seem to keep an eye on Taisuke while investigating Hirose's case. At the same time, a psychotic murderer appears, and he sees our protagonist as his "comrade". Will Taisuke succumb to all of these crazy incidents? Or will he be able to someday return to his old peaceful lifestyle that he yearns for?
Alive - Last Evolutionary Boy

Currently stuck on this manga. I thought it was going to be something creepy but it's interesting. Thought I'd share.

A_Forever 06-22-2009 06:48 AM

Well... o_o

cillia 06-22-2009 06:51 AM

i got like to chapter 30 or something than put it on hold due to other anime/manga that caught my attention. ill start reading it again once i find where i left off XD

i like it though. kind of reminded me of some movie. XD

Lirange 06-22-2009 06:51 AM

"you got some slutty panties"
LOL
xD

Ivramire 06-22-2009 06:52 AM

Must be playing too much Legals & Humans. First thing I thought when I read the description was that Legals were trying to frame him.

Looks interesting.

Lirange 06-22-2009 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivramire (Post 353692)
Must be playing too much Legals & Humans. First thing I thought when I read the description was that Legals were trying to frame him.

LOL

A_Forever 06-22-2009 06:55 AM

Reading the description makes me think of what my borther told me about yesterday. He listens to Sick and Wrong(A podcast) and they were talking about some Japanese movie(I think it was Japanese) that was about tons of suicides or something. The suicide rate in Japan rose as kids saw this movie. Teens were watching this movie and then killing themselves in the ways people committed suicide in the movie. o_o

Apparently the movie is a few years old and wasn't released in the US xD

Lirange 06-22-2009 06:58 AM

o.o
isn't japan the highest suicidal rate?
because they take this test in japan, that decides your future, and that is why alot of people suicide

and dam, a girl jumped of a building and landed right in front of him,and she smiled at him before she died....

A_Forever 06-22-2009 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lirange (Post 353699)
o.o
isn't japan the highest suicidal rate?
because they take this test in japan, that decides your future, and that is why alot of people suicide

and dam, a girl jumped of a building and landed right in front of him,and she smiled at him before she died....

Yep. When they take the test, they'd be in what we Americans consider 8th grade, I believe.

Lirange 06-22-2009 07:03 AM

O.O
wow
that must suck
do you know if they can retake it?

and wow, the book is really good, still on ch 1 but wow

A_Forever 06-22-2009 07:03 AM

Not sure. D:

Ivramire 06-22-2009 07:04 AM

11th highest rate among Men, 3rd highest for women, 9th highest overall.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...y_suicide_rate

A_Forever 06-22-2009 07:13 AM

Makes sense.

Lirange 06-22-2009 07:20 AM

im getting scared reading it

i'm terrified of death and is reading a book about death -_-

A_Forever 06-22-2009 07:20 AM

Why are you terrified of death?

cillia 06-22-2009 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A_Forever (Post 353718)
Why are you terrified of death?

cuz you die? o: and it hurts? normally?

Lirange 06-22-2009 07:25 AM

well theres things that i'm more scared of then death, but i'm scared of death mostly because of what happens after. I used to be catholic but as the years progress i lost faith.

A_Forever 06-22-2009 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cillia (Post 353723)
cuz you die? o: and it hurts? normally?

Doesn't always hurt. Some discomfort, usually. Unless you get murdered or have like.. a heart attack. But dying of old age or whatever isn't that bad. All apart of life.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lirange (Post 353724)
well theres things that i'm more scared of then death, but i'm scared of death mostly because of what happens after. I used to be catholic but as the years progress i lost faith.

I've never believed in god or any type of god.

I've accepted that there's nothing after death. You just die and thats that. :smarty:

Lirange 06-22-2009 07:32 AM

that is why i'm scared of it
i dont want to accept that fact and wont accept that fact

A_Forever 06-22-2009 07:34 AM

But when its time for you to die.. you won't even know whats happening(probably) and then you're gone.

There's no point in worrying/being afraid. If its your time to die, its your time and you ain't stoppin' it. xD

Loveless 06-22-2009 07:34 AM

I'm away for couple of minutes and it has like two pages... x___x

I think Japan is really lenient in some aspects while super strict in others... odd balance of things. I can totally understand the reason for suicides, quite a bit of pressure for each child.

And I believe the movie is called Suicide Circle or something along those lines. I read a manga that was based on it and yeah... grotesque was an understatement.

Anyway, about the manga... gets better! xD

Lirange 06-22-2009 07:39 AM

@afor huh what o.o but seriously you arnt afraid of dying? if someone came up to you with a gun, you wouldn't be afraid?

the books is already good, i'm on ch 3, i have to do some other stuff so i dont get too scaredXD

A_Forever 06-22-2009 07:41 AM

Thats different. Any "normal" person would be afraid BUT if he/she is going to shoot.. I'm not really going to stop them am I? I could run, yes.. or try to fight them but if its my time to go, then.. so be it.

I think, I think the way I do mainly because of my father(long story).

cillia 06-22-2009 07:42 AM

its kind of like going to sleep i guess o: even if you look at the clock before you say you're going to sleep when you wake up you never know the exact time that you actually fell asleep.... XD idk

Loveless 06-22-2009 07:44 AM

COOKIE MONSTER!

Uh... yes....
-regains composure-

Death is inevitable. So I'm not afraid of it per se. Someone pointing a gun at me... IMO is another form of fear. Not sure how to explain but yeah.

Lirange 06-22-2009 07:48 AM

someone notices itxD'

eh dont get how you guys are not afraid of dying
and what do you mean "when its your time"
theres a certain time in your life when its ment for you to die?

A_Forever 06-22-2009 07:49 AM

Not that there's a certain time. Its not like someone has it marked down or anything..

When you die, that was your time. So.. I just say(like most people do) "When its your time" xD

Lirange 06-22-2009 07:50 AM

i dont get it-_-
your time?
so your destined to die at that time?
so if someone was going to kill you but then you somehow manage not to die, you didn't die at your time?

A_Forever 06-22-2009 07:52 AM

No. O_o

Its really just a saying/phrase/whatever.

Whenever you die, then that was your time. I can't make it any simplier than that.

Lirange 06-22-2009 07:55 AM

eh, okay -_-

Ivramire 06-22-2009 07:59 AM

I think basically you shouldn't fear it because there's no helping it. Accept that you will die someday and that there's nothing you can do about it.

Fear of death and the fear you get when someone holds a gun to your head are different, but it's difficult to explain. Someone may specifically fear death but will not likely specifically fear having a gun to their head.

Blaaaaaaaah 06-22-2009 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lirange (Post 353756)
i dont get it-_-
your time?
so your destined to die at that time?
so if someone was going to kill you but then you somehow manage not to die, you didn't die at your time?

Close by not quite.

"It's your time" refers to how you are "destined" to die at a certain time. If someone was gonna kill you but you somehow didn't die, then that wasn't "your time", and "your time" has not come yet.

Lirange 06-22-2009 08:00 AM

well, i dont think its that i actually fear dying, well maybe a little, but its mostly of what happens after is what makes me not want to die.

A_Forever 06-22-2009 08:02 AM

You can't really worry about the unknown though, can you?

At least not something like that. Whatever happens after death, or doesn't happen, then.. thats just how it is. You'll have to die to find out and, hopefully, that will be a long time from now.

Esen 06-22-2009 08:19 AM

Sounds interesting, makes me want to read it. But I'm not good with gruesome stuff unless it's easy to predict so I can look somewhere else or scroll down to avoid it or something. @_@

Lirange 06-22-2009 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esen (Post 353788)
Sounds interesting, makes me want to read it. But I'm not good with gruesome stuff unless it's easy to predict so I can look somewhere else or scroll down to avoid it or something. @_@

not easy to predict-_-
going to read ch3 once i'm done with new posts

Lirange 06-23-2009 03:16 AM

god i love this book=]
<3 yuta
you gota recommend me another manga once i'm done reading thisx]

Loveless 06-23-2009 04:16 AM

Well, it's not a manga but I'm watching an anime called Shangri-la

http://www.crunchyroll.com/library/SHANGRI-LA

I just love the opening song for this anime!

cillia 06-23-2009 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loveless (Post 354160)
Well, it's not a manga but I'm watching an anime called Shangri-la

http://www.crunchyroll.com/library/SHANGRI-LA

I just love the opening song for this anime!

i was looking at that anime o: was on my to-watch-at-some-point list XD

Lirange 06-23-2009 04:20 AM

oh wow the opening looks awesome
i find the boomerang thing kinda weird though o.o
will start watching it after i've read all of alive