Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   FiestaWiki (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   News & Information (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10032)

Icy 06-25-2008 10:29 PM

News & Information

1. Editing Help
This post was originally about editing help. What it said remains true.

(You can post in here for editing related help.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loveless (Post 172990)
-walks away slowly-

... I looked to add something to monster drop list but the codes scared me.

Information:
Help:editing is a brand new creation. No more excuses now :devil:
Plus, using templates saves you from getting lost in the table codes.

2. Information
2.1 - Queries
Nobody's around in the Wiki forum? Click on an angel slime below to send a message directly to a Wiki Admin.

> :angel: < or > :angel: <
If you are logged into the wiki, > :angel: < or > :angel: <
2.2 - Technical assistance
For technical assistance related to the wiki, for example requests for moving/deleting pages, protecting pages, administration etc, send a PM to Triumph or I. If necessary, it will also be forwarded to Entropy.

Spirit 06-25-2008 10:54 PM

Does this mean I cannot post anymore quest updates in my thread? I have to edit the wiki myself? :zomg:

Icy 06-25-2008 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spirit (Post 173615)
Does this mean I cannot post anymore quest updates in my thread? I have to edit the wiki myself? :zomg:

They are two different reasons for not editing a page. One is of ignorance, the other is of convenience :smarty:

My post deals with just one of them.

Triumph 06-25-2008 11:27 PM

Ah, this never occurred to me, well done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spirit (Post 173615)

Become an edit slave. :cutielove:

Spirit 06-25-2008 11:32 PM

I no not has time!!!!! It is easier to copy and paste what I already have in a word document in a post. I iz the info gatherer slave. I have brought you great many new info. for this I should be rewarded with not having to be an edit slave also.

Icy 06-25-2008 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spirit (Post 173661)
I no not has time!!!!! It is easier to copy and paste what I already have in a word document in a post. I iz the info gatherer slave. I have brought you great many new info. for this I should be rewarded with not having to be an edit slave also.

Information slave you are :tongue:

Ralath 06-26-2008 06:44 PM

The templates are really handy. ^_^

I'll be sticking with the quests until all those get changed.

But hopefully more templates are coming~~

Loveless 06-26-2008 07:02 PM

Okei fine, I'll go look... I just didn't want to mess something up that looked so complicated. o__o

Icy 06-26-2008 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loveless (Post 174261)
Okei fine, I'll go look... I just didn't want to mess something up that looked so complicated. o__o

Don't worry, you're not guilty of anything, yet :cutielove:

Hessah 06-27-2008 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icy (Post 174353)
Don't worry, you're not guilty of anything, yet :cutielove:

that sounds really reassuring... :zip:

Hessah 07-02-2008 09:12 AM

I just tried to do some formatting...

and i left NPC2 blank, coz icy said to leave it blank if its the same as NPC1...

but when i left it blank... it filled the space with [[]]....

wat should i do?

Ralath 07-02-2008 04:49 PM

o.o

That shouldn't happen.

Which one is it?

I just looked through your edit history and couldn't find it.

EDIT: Mmk. Found it. =/

EDIT2: OOOOouu. Ok. Fixed it for you.

When NPC2 is the same as NPC1, then don't even add the NPC2 tag.

So you had:
|NPC1=Item Merchant Kenton
|NPC2=

Which created the "[[]]"

I changed it to:
|NPC1=Item Merchant Kenton

And deleted NPC2.

EDIT3: and boo. I just forgot to add an edit summary because I was trying to figure out this worked and my excitement after figuring it out caused me to save before I entered something. :goaway: I was on a roll too. >.>

Hessah 07-03-2008 01:09 AM

Ohhhh i get it... Thanks!

Ur excitment is gonna earn you a hammer from tri~~ tsk tsk

Ralath 07-03-2008 01:11 AM

Be my shield plzz...

I figured this out for you. I think you owe me a favor now. :3

That's the least you could do.

Hessah 07-03-2008 01:13 AM

:ninja:

The best i can do is make more changes in Wiki, and hope that he'll miss your mistake LOL

Ralath 07-03-2008 01:17 AM

LOL!

Spam-edit the Wiki and just hope my non-summarized edit gets lost somewhere...

:ninja:

Excellent plan.

Gandalfa82 07-30-2008 08:49 AM

until today I did not know I was supposed to leave the comment :(

until today I did not even know Wiki had a Forum :(

until today Wiki did not have a Material Page and now it does :D

So, can one good thing overwrite the mistakes I did about the Summary?

Ok, I run and hide under a rock now.

BTW, great job on the Wiki. I'm still trying to find the Suggestion page again, I lost it, lol.

Ralath 07-30-2008 09:33 AM

Nice! I like the Materials page. I will help you with linking each of the item to the their own separate page tomorrow.

I use this as a suggestions page:
http://www.fiestafan.com/wiki/Current_events

Just go to the discussion and add whatever you want to add.

But it looks like you've already found it:
http://www.fiestafan.com/wiki/Talk:Current_events

Icy 07-30-2008 10:29 AM

Before you venture too far, please be aware that the content you are trying to add to this new page already exist. You will have to justify the creation of duplicate data, and afterward you will be responsible for consolidating and crosslinking pages and information. In regard to that, we should assess the usability of the new page first. Slow down work done to it... a probation period is needed.

I recommend using new content for the new page, meaning you write it rather than using existing information.

Sero 07-30-2008 10:34 AM

^ right.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gandalfa82 (Post 201548)
until today I did not even know Wiki had a Forum :(

and I think you mean forum had a wiki? XD

Ralath 07-30-2008 10:47 AM

The thing I like about the Materials page right now is how accessible it is. All the materials that can be found in-game are found on that page. Without it, there are still no direct links to any of the materials. =/

However, I am kind of iffy about how much information to put on that one page. Dumping all the information from each type of material might make it a gigantic page and just bog down all the information. A better way might be to simplify it down to the basic information of each type of material and just link it to some of the material pages already created (such as the Gem Dust one that I fixed the link to).

Icy 07-30-2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralath (Post 201561)
The thing I like about the Materials page right now is how accessible it is. All the materials that can be found in-game are found on that page. Without it, there are still no direct links to any of the materials. =/

However, I am kind of iffy about how much information to put on that one page. Dumping all the information from each type of material might make it a gigantic page and just bog down all the information. A better way might be to simplify it down to the basic information of each type of material and just link it to some of the material pages already created (such as the Gem Dust one that I fixed the link to).

This is why I think we just need a big table like that on Mob Drops, with links to each genre of materials. The Materials page itself should focus on text about materials as a whole and not individual materials. It will also have information related to materials as a whole, their usages, where to check for what drops what, and notes on the topic of the page, which is Materials as a group of in-game items.

Gandalfa82 07-30-2008 08:24 PM

I agree with to much on the page at once. I have slimed it down to a Directory based idea. Rare state - Qualities of it. Broken down into diffrent catagories based on how you get it.
Harvest
-Ore
-Wood
-Herb
-Mushroom
Drops
-Monster Parts
--Interior
--Exterior
--Wearables
-Magic
-Dust

These was just for quick navatation of the page, so that you know what you looking for and can jump stright to it to see what the diffrent teirs would be.

Not sure. But I did this in the Talk:Materials page. Will move it over if that is what your looking for. I also went through and fixed all links to be the same as the See Also:Materials

Gandalfa82 07-30-2008 09:10 PM

Icy says I took this post from Tips to Help.

I was just looking at the XP tables and I was wondering if there is a way to do like a Comment Line in the Tables
Code:

|- <comment>Name || lvl || xp |1|2||3||4||etc..</comment>
|| [[Speedy Slime]] || 3 || 46 || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || ||1||1||1||1||1
|-

This could help keep up with which box is which level. Just noticed that it is hard to keep track of that, lol.

Icy 07-31-2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gandalfa82 (Post 201723)
I was just looking at the XP tables and I was wondering if there is a way to do like a Comment Line in the Tables
Code:

|- <comment>Name || lvl || xp |1|2||3||4||etc..</comment>
|| [[Speedy Slime]] || 3 || 46 || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || || ||1||1||1||1||1
|-

This could help keep up with which box is which level. Just noticed that it is hard to keep track of that, lol.

They may not even line up after all. Plus, the little increase in ease of editing does not justify increasing the data size of the page.