Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archer (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   First Time Archer - HELP! (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24462)

CabbitDos 11-05-2009 06:09 AM

First Time Archer - HELP!

I haven't made an archer for a very long time. In fact, back in August of '08 was my first archer. That was when I first started playing Fiesta. Lil' nubby CabbitDos. :uhoh: I chose an archer, got it to level 2 then deleted it. :nahnah: I then made another archer which was deleted at level 14.
Ever since then my class of choice was clerics. Heal this, buff that. Whatever. But I noticed as I leveled up, I started getting some archer gear. Varied greens and such... A couple of bows and a crossbow or two.
So I started wondering this:
Maybe I should make myself an archer again...
So I started wondering this:
Okay, why not...
So I started wondering THIS:
I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO RAISE AN ARCHER! :urweird:

Okay! Folks, this is where I need your assistance!
What build should I have my archer at, and what weapon do you recommend?
I have heard of such builds as 25SPR 50DEX restSTR, and pure SPR...
But what do you recommend for an archer who will be doing a lot of soloing, and will be questing, no PvP? I heard a crossbow is best for this... :arg:

And also, where should my skill points for my attacks go?

Do you guys think that a STR END DEX (1:1:1) build is good/decent/okay? That is how I've made my archer before.

But what am I to say? I know nothing, so I ask you! :cries:

Phantom Badger 11-05-2009 06:52 AM

I think the best build to go for is 25 SPR, rest STR, although someone who still actually plays this game could proboboly give you more information haha xD

Hessah 11-05-2009 07:00 AM

Quote:

Archer

Where should I put my stat points?
These are the common builds for archers:
  • Full STR - Pure damage.
  • 25 SPR / Rest STR - Also damage built, with people that likes crits.
  • 25 SPR / 33 DEX / Rest STR - hybrid built with a bit of extra evasion, but less damage.
I don't recommend putting any END in free stat, find END in gears instead.

Where should I put my skill points?
  • Power Shot - 5 points in power.
  • [Optional] Aim Shot - 5 Points in power.
  • Nature's Mist (Level 51) - 5 points in power, 5 points in cool down. Optional 5 points in SP consumption.
  • Piercing Shot (Level 75) - 5 points in power, 5 points in cool down. Optional 5 points in SP consumption.

Bow or Crossbow?
Bow up to level 50.
For PVE - optional switch to xbow after level 50 for extra damage for AOE.
For PVP - probably best to stay with bow.
From here

Go with Bow to start off with, xbow from level 50+ if you choose to (personally I dont think it makes a HUGE difference)

No END.. it's not really all that beneficial for an archer, you'll get much more out of putting the points in STR/SPR or maybe DEX...

mightytwilight 11-05-2009 11:53 AM

I only have a level 25 archer, but my buddy and I both prefer a bow, and a 1:2 or 1:4 ratio of STR to DEX. To me, an archer should have Dexterity and a little strength, because mages or DD fighters do the damage. But then again, I am a tanker at heart and in-game.

Sero 11-06-2009 12:22 PM

END in build = fail. That's what I have to say.

^ I've been taking that as an axiom for around two years now.

Mindspank 11-06-2009 08:37 PM

My original build was 25Spr/Rest Str. I rode that all the way to 80, then I decided to go full dex. While yes, that was usefull at times, I found myself getting bullied because whenever I fought back, I only hit for 100 damage. Even with a +9 helgait...

So I decided to switch BACK to 25Spr/Rest Str. Now I deal enough damage to threaten level 100 mages, and can solo the entire cursed knights gold room WITH the cursed knight lord in tow. As a full dex, bow using archer, I could only take a quarter of the room, half if cookied.

In conclusion: Your build depends largely on what you want to do. Despite the fact that you plan to do NO pvp'ing, and 25Spr/Rest Str is essentially a PvP build, I would still say it is the most beneficial build. ESPECIALLY after level 90.

Bow vs Xbow, honestly, comes down to asthetic preference. I think bows look better for one, they have much higher attack rate, and are rarer to see high leveled players using.

Griffin 08-07-2010 08:23 PM

i went 50 dex then 25 spr and the rest str

jncfreak 12-07-2010 02:51 PM

I don't really like end on my build, but as you intend to solo a lot may be you should go for it. I maximized power on both aimed and power shot other than that I would say you should stick with what was quoted

NinjaCookie 12-08-2010 11:46 AM

:nahnah: Yeah yeah, I saw what I got told over and over myself
I am failing my way up to 94 with hybrid Dex/End build but I'm still content with myself !

My Build is 50 dex, 48 end and rest STR, but I do kill overly slow. I have to kite a long time to kill anything, but at this point i'm used to it. I just noticed I had more HP, a little bit better defence too, so I can handle bigger blows on my own, but I never saw a full DEX archer kite solo so I can't tell if it's really that different. Though STR archers :arg: they kill stuff a looot faster xD I can tell right away if they are!

Wizardcool11 12-22-2010 05:46 AM

For me I am a pure dex. I love the aim cuz when I get lvl 51 I kite GIGANTIC mobs of creatures in abyss 10 lev above me and when they hit me, there's a chance of evading...