Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   All the Glory (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   My 1st Phino KQ - 5 person WIN! (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14728)

Samson007 11-05-2008 10:05 PM

My 1st Phino KQ - 5 person WIN!

Not sure if this is common or not to be honest. This was the first time I joined KKP, just reached level 70 last night before the maintenance.

When I saw we were going with 5 people I figured "oh well, might as well try to get the kills i need for the first KKP quest".

Go figure, the 5th person is having connection issues. They didn't join us until we were killing robo.

To my surprise, our team of 2 fighters, 1 cleric, and 1 archer worked VERY well for a while.

We got our 2nd cleric just in time, cause we needed them on Phino.

We just kept dwindling him down little by little........much to my surprise, I thought it would be much harder than that.

The screenshot I have is of the win, i was designated to grab the bosses and run them away from the action. Which worked just fine. Got the win while on my way back from getting rid of robo. Got the win, AND got all the kills for the 1st quest.

Now my 2nd one ever is about to start. Already have 11 sign ups for this one though.......so it should be cake.

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/3647/firstkkprw9.png

Hessah 11-05-2008 10:19 PM

Very nice! only one archer!! and with 12 mins to spare, that's good effort! Usually 1 DDer isnt really enough to finish the KQ in time...

I've won it once with only 6 people, but also failed once with a full room of 15 people!!! (our main tank went to take a leak right in the middle of tanking KKP... wth!)

Nice! I miss KKP.. no one ever joins it when I play in my time zone :sad:

Lady-Loki 11-05-2008 10:24 PM

I think it is pretty darn good! GRATZ!!

Samson007 11-06-2008 05:34 AM

Thanks.

Joined it 3 more times since then. All of them had over 10 people in them though. All three were also wins, seems this KQ really isn't all that hard. Fun though =p.

I even ended up tanking him on the last one I did. The guy who was tanking died like 2 times.......KKP got loose and started hitting our clerics and mages and so forth. So I grabbed aggro and ended up holding on to him for the rest of the KQ.

Tamashiiryuu 11-06-2008 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samson007 (Post 251264)
Thanks.

Joined it 3 more times since then. All of them had over 10 people in them though. All three were also wins, seems this KQ really isn't all that hard. Fun though =p.

I even ended up tanking him on the last one I did. The guy who was tanking died like 2 times.......KKP got loose and started hitting our clerics and mages and so forth. So I grabbed aggro and ended up holding on to him for the rest of the KQ.

great job.....and u held aggro that sounded like agreat kq

Andromeda 11-06-2008 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hessah (Post 251087)
Very nice! only one archer!! and with 12 mins to spare, that's good effort! Usually 1 DDer isnt really enough to finish the KQ in time...
Nice! I miss KKP.. no one ever joins it when I play in my time zone :sad:

You don't need any DDs to solo KKP a fighter is completely capable of soloing KKP (Pure STR fighter with a +9 Blue Axe). Hardest part of the quest is the end where you have to tank Mara, Marlone and KKP all at once. But IIRC KKP cant be stunned? While Mara and Marlone can so the moment Mara and Marlone are stunned quickly move while bringing KKP with you to a safe point to finish it off.

Hessah 11-06-2008 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andromeda (Post 251269)
You don't need any DDs to solo KKP a fighter is completely capable of soloing KKP (Pure STR fighter with a +9 Blue Axe). Hardest part of the quest is the end where you have to tank Mara, Marlone and KKP all at once. But IIRC KKP cant be stunned? While Mara and Marlone can so the moment Mara and Marlone are stunned quickly move while bringing KKP with you to a safe point to finish it off.

I believe they made KKP much harder to kill than the days you played..

we use to be able to finish KKP in 20 mins..

now.. average time to finish KKP is 40 mins...