Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mature Discussions (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   What is with all the gay hate? (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18832)

iheartmyibook 03-20-2009 06:50 AM

What is with all the gay hate?

just what the title says
i mean does someone being gay really have any impact over someone else? What difference does it make either way? But still there seems to be some people who take it upon themselves to hate them for something they can't change.

Ivramire 03-20-2009 07:05 AM

It's a very dividing and controversial thing.

There's loads of reasons why someone may be against homoseuality. It could have a religious background, most of the major religions are against it. They could be insecure about something they don't likely understand. Most societys are more conservative than not, so it carries a social stigma. Lots of reasons really.

Hraesvelg 03-20-2009 08:35 AM

But there aren't any valid reasons. And no, homosexuality being against someone's religion isn't a valid reason.

Ivramire 03-20-2009 08:40 AM

I didn't say they were valid reasons.

Just saying what reasons one may have.

Hraesvelg 03-20-2009 08:49 AM

Right. I was just clarifying it a bit, since you said there were "lots of reasons". Almost sounded like you were giving validity to the reasons you stated. I mean, the reason could be the person living in your pinky finger told you gay people were icky, but that wouldn't be a valid reason, heh.

Senyx The Soulless one 03-20-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iheartmyibook (Post 310082)
just what the title says
i mean does someone being gay really have any impact over someone else? What difference does it make either way? But still there seems to be some people who take it upon themselves to hate them for something they can't change.

What's RIGHT with being homosexual?
They've been getting owned since they popped up on the earth, In most the religions i've seen, If you commited an act of homosexuality, It meant like, Auto-death

Nowadays, If you're gay and live anywhere even remotely shady, Chances are, There are people around there that want to do the same thing. I personally don't care about homosexuality, I'm prety secure in my straightness. But i've seen open acts of homosexuality IN PUBLIC that have sent shivers down mah spine.
Nothing wrong with being gay. Sure.
Tell that to the thousansd of generations before us.

Yosei 03-20-2009 03:47 PM

I'd say its mostly a Bible-hugging Christian issue and the fact that its different, uncommon.

I say bible-hugging christian because not all christians are against homosexuality and discriminate against it. But there are those who take the bible word for word and when it says one man cannot lie with another man, they assume its saying homosexuality is wrong. But its not just christianity, a lot of religions are against it.

And not to mention, its normal for people to be against or be uncomfortable with something uncommon, and homosexuality, while its becoming more common, is an uncommon thing. Except for select cultures in their day, homosexuality hasn't been seen as natural or normal, just like other sexualities such as pedophilia, which has been around since ancient times. Or even in the early 1900s... people who were mentally challenged were looked at like they had the plague, Hitler would kill mentally challenged people, many people were afraid it was contageous, when they were just born that way.

It makes me think of The Hunch Back of Notre Dame lol.

When you see someone, such as a dwarf, someone with a physical mutation, or something of the likes, you're going to look at them, even if you don't stare like its Jesus riding by on a tricycle, but you're going to look, even if for a second, because its different.

Manzcar 03-20-2009 03:49 PM

I think people throw around the word hate way too much. If someone doesn't agree with a lifestyle or the way a person acts than it is because they hate. Why is that?

I don't agree with the lifestyle of someone in my mothers neighborhood. I think it is unclean to have 45 cats and 20 dogs living in a 2 bedroom house. But that doesn't mean I hate them. I just find it icky.

But it seems that today you are not allowed to have your own opinion. If you disagree with the views of others than it's because you hate them.

So if someone doesn't agree with me is that because the hate me or is it because they have a different opinion.

Triumph 03-20-2009 03:54 PM

People find others who are "different" from them as something to avoid. It does not necessarily have to be a "Bible-hugging Christian," for there are many people who dislike gays simply because they are, and for a lack of a better way to state it, gay. People can't tolerate someone being different, and that is the stem of all conflict.

A person is smart. People are stupid.

Lady-Loki 03-20-2009 06:15 PM

I say the hate (regardless of the prejudice) is a learned opinion. No human was born with hate in their heart - they learned it from those around them.

Personally I think it is sad that hate seems to be so much easier for people to assimilate than love & kindness, but then again, if the numbers of people emanating hate were fewer and the number of people emanating love & kindness were greater, then maybe it would be the opposite.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senyx The Soulless one (Post 310204)
What's RIGHT with being homosexual?
They've been getting owned since they popped up on the earth, In most the religions i've seen, If you commited an act of homosexuality, It meant like, Auto-death

Nowadays, If you're gay and live anywhere even remotely shady, Chances are, There are people around there that want to do the same thing. I personally don't care about homosexuality, I'm prety secure in my straightness. But i've seen open acts of homosexuality IN PUBLIC that have sent shivers down mah spine.
Nothing wrong with being gay. Sure.
Tell that to the thousansd of generations before us.

Just my opinion, but as for "open acts of homosexuality IN PUBLIC", I don't care to know specifics, but I expect that my reaction would have been the same for excess PDA (beyond holding hands, a hug or a loving kiss, and no, slobber-swapping is not a loving kiss), regardless of homosexual or heterosexual, since I believe intimatacy in a relationship should be personal & private between the two parties and not a public display.