Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   All the Rage (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Why are people like this? (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23464)

Mindspank 09-08-2009 11:32 PM

Why are people like this?

Why do people feel the need to insult you about your personal life in a game? These people seem to take pleasure in making you feel about as big as a speck of dust. They ruin the overall positive experience of the game, they make your day horrible, they make others uncomfortable, and yet they seem to thrive in games like this.

My issue, and the issue im going to use as an example, is a 16 year old boy who seems to think its funny to tease a 29 year old man about his ex wife not letting him see his children again. What on this earth would posess someone to, unprovoked, begin to rip away at someone about something so sensitive. You would think that maybe, just maybe, he would consider the possibility of consequences for his actions. While i cannot say weither or not there will be consequences in his case, there are some lines you just dont cross.

Hessah 09-08-2009 11:50 PM

There are A LOT of people with no hearts over the net...

You just have to keep telling yourself that those are shallow dumb kids who hasn't seen enough of life, to know what anything feels like..

they don't know where the lines are... they don't know anything about marriage and kids and stuff... and they're only 16! how are they to know how much more a 29 year old have experienced, you've got 13 more years worth of knowledge that they don't have..

and not to think about what they shouldn't have done... because we all know that the Internet isn't necessarily a pretty fancy place, in fact a lot of people use it as a venting avenue..

I have a really nice friend IRL, but he got blacklisted 3 times on the net xD

I totally understand how annoying and frustrating it is to meet noobs... I get aggroed easily, and a noob's action usually frustrate me for like 2 days...

but I'm not about to let them make me feel small and tiny.. I just think that they're all small and tiny IRL and they needed some pixel people to make themselves feel big..

they're the sad ones!

Silent Wizard 09-09-2009 03:54 PM

Misery loves company

Belaslav 09-09-2009 07:56 PM

Because they can't any kicks in their life any other way?

If you think that's bad, try playing Halo 3 on XBOX with voice comms.

Lady-Loki 09-09-2009 08:10 PM

Their life is probably so miserable they just want anyone/everyone to feel that their life is more miserable so they can think they have a better life than others.

Like Silent Wizard said - misery loves company.

Just ignore & avoid them as much as possible.

Triumph 09-10-2009 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belaslav (Post 378139)
Because they can't any kicks in their life any other way?

If you think that's bad, try playing Halo 3 on XBOX with voice comms.

Gunz is worse.

People do it because they either think it's amusing, or its their method of lashing out due to personal problems.