Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mature Discussions (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   People say 'Yes' to this? (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24252)

IcED 10-23-2009 03:38 AM

People say 'Yes' to this?

Its a video on Facebook, you'll have to log on, in order to watch it.
NOT FOR THE WEAK AT HEART! There's some ugly stuff in there.

People say 'Yes' to this?

Triumph 10-23-2009 03:44 AM

This is a highly sensitive topic; you probably should place a disclaimer. There are many who feel strongly about this.

Loveless 10-23-2009 03:57 AM

I'm going to move this to Mature Discussions as it is a sensitive topic.

Hraesvelg 10-23-2009 04:13 AM

Could someone find a way to display this without using Facebook? My curiosity is piqued, but not enough to sign up.

Blaaaaaaaah 10-23-2009 04:34 AM

This is not the same video but it's similar.

Had to put it in a spoiler because the picture on the video might be disturbing for some.

--

I dunno.

I'm not against abortion because I think it's better to not bring a new life to the world if you're not gonna be prepared to look after it, but if making abortion illegal would make people think twice about having unprotected sex, then yeah, illegalising abortion might not be a bad idea.

But in reality, I wonder if it would really make a difference to how people think, anyway.

Hraesvelg 10-23-2009 04:39 AM

Ah, that's what I thought it might be. An appeal to emotion about a medical procedure. Gotcha.

Blaaaaaaaah 10-23-2009 05:33 AM

Hahaha, I did think about that. The music and camera angles is kinda misleading.

They should have a sad and moving video of all the abandoned homeless kids and kids doing the "wrong" things because their parents didn't go through an abortion and just irresponsibly brought them to the world.

Then let's see what people think.

Hessah 10-23-2009 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah (Post 385673)
Hahaha, I did think about that. The music and camera angles is kinda misleading.

They should have a sad and moving video of all the abandoned homeless kids and kids doing the "wrong" things because their parents didn't go through an abortion and just irresponsibly brought them to the world.

Then let's see what people think.

I agree with that.

Lirange 10-23-2009 12:35 PM

Not all almost aborted kids turn into criminals.
And not all people consider abortion because they can't take care of it, but simply because they just don't want it.
And there are always alternatives if you don't want to keep the baby, like maybe giving it to a family who wants a baby but cannot have one due to some medical issues.

Ralath 10-23-2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lirange (Post 385739)
And not all people consider abortion because they can't take care of it, but simply because they just don't want it.

And there are also cases where an abortion is the better option.

Believe it or not, getting an abortion is usually not as easy as saying that a person simply doesn't want their babies. People wanting to get an abortion usually have some conditions they have to fulfill (according to their state law) before they can have one.

Quote:

And there are always alternatives if you don't want to keep the baby, like maybe giving it to a family who wants a baby but cannot have one due to some medical issues.
If what the statistic in the movie is true, I doubt the already overloaded child adoption system can handle another 1.3 million babies.