Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   All the Rage (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Bought Restore Set and I'm broke. (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28875)

crystalblueheart 02-01-2011 05:15 AM

Bought Restore Set and I'm broke.

This is sort of a rant thread....sorta :nahnah: Decided to put it under All the Rage.
Not sure if this is only me...or clerics...or in general.
I am having a problem earning money back after buying part of a restore set for 500s (and my friend lent me 45s to get it...thanks Shelby! :D). I currently have about 250s. I was doing pretty well earning back my money at the beginning, and I've earned back about half of what I had. The problem is that buying stones is sucking up my money.
The reason why I mentioned that this may be a cleric problem (47+?) because I give buffs a lot (to people that only say please or people that seem to need it). I got some more back from selling a lvl 40 green axe for 50s (+14end) and I talked to acad after...turns out it could've gone for 80s D: I make pots as one of my production skills (and scrolls as well). I save sp pots and sell the HP pots. Unfortunately, I was way too much of a noob when I started my cleric because it's my first mmorpg...I had no idea where to put stats or anything. Back to the topic, I am only on t1 pots. I really want to level them up, but I can't do it very quickly because the monsters I fight now are giving higher level mats than I need. I've been selling those mats for money. I could buy the lower mats from Nina in Eldy but that costs money... I also try to use my other characters (lvl 19 and 4) to find mats and transfer to my cleric using the universal storage. I do this, but it is time consuming to go from character to character to find mats (partly because my computer lags -.-). I vend my pots and scrolls, and I do sell them if I sell at 200c or below for scrolls and 100c for t1 pots. I try to sell my t3 hp pots as well for 3s or so (I heard they can go for 5s!)
Lol I sold them for 1s once and someone was like "Cheap B_____d" <--- haha looks so weird. And still no one bought them xD I usually sell stones in front of blacksmith...should I sell pots in front of Healer Avon? I never see anyone vend there so I'm not sure if that means less competition or that means no one will see me and buy >:(
I need to be able to afford many t3 scrolls...all I've been able to use are the t1 scrolls I make.
Does anyone have any solutions?

Helion 02-01-2011 07:42 AM

My suggestion would be to use one of your alts and start stone making. Stones and scrolls are the best money producers in the game. Also, if you can afford SC, make sure to enhance your good gears, as it will greatly increase the resale value of them. Most of my money has been made by selling gears I have enhanced. Any time you get good jewelry, make sure you enhance it to +3 - they won't break until after +3, so it takes no SC, and will increase the money you can get for it. Finally, just keep playing and doing the quests - the rewards get higher as time goes on. As a cleric, if you party a lot, you will not need many scrolls, since you will not be the main target of the mobs. If you solo, well........

crystalblueheart 02-01-2011 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helion (Post 435035)
My suggestion would be to use one of your alts and start stone making. Stones and scrolls are the best money producers in the game. Also, if you can afford SC, make sure to enhance your good gears, as it will greatly increase the resale value of them. Most of my money has been made by selling gears I have enhanced. Any time you get good jewelry, make sure you enhance it to +3 - they won't break until after +3, so it takes no SC, and will increase the money you can get for it. Finally, just keep playing and doing the quests - the rewards get higher as time goes on. As a cleric, if you party a lot, you will not need many scrolls, since you will not be the main target of the mobs. If you solo, well........

My archer has stones and scrolls and my mage has scrolls and pots :P
And whenever I ask for a party I never get one....I only seem to get a pt with people on my friends list....They have all passee me and are in their mid-50's. Part of the reason I can't level is because I can't find a party and I'm constantly dying....I lose about a % each time :( I've been trying to play my alts to level those as well and I'm finding it hard to play as an archer or mage because I'm used to healing :P

Helion 02-02-2011 03:44 AM

I may need to make a noob on Bijou to come and help you out. What time of day OS time do you usually play?

crystalblueheart 02-02-2011 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helion (Post 435145)
I may need to make a noob on Bijou to come and help you out. What time of day OS time do you usually play?

I'm PST (OS office time). Usually on around 10 and later Friday and Saturday. Sometimes on Sunday night at around 8....very few weekdays. That's very thoughtful of you...you don't have to xD

Kaini 02-02-2011 03:58 PM

I'll come if Helion is gonna make a noob >: D XD

crystalblueheart 02-04-2011 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaini (Post 435192)
I'll come if Helion is gonna make a noob >: D XD

^_^ Yay join Bijou :D haha see you on xD I might not be on a lot next week because badminton tryouts/conditioning are Mon-Mon :| And this Friday and Sunday I'll be practicing for tryouts :P

Wizardcool11 02-23-2011 01:56 AM

at that level, only use stone at 1/2 or 1/3 hp... itll save a lot, and maybe u got unlucky and started missing with ur hammer

crystalblueheart 02-23-2011 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wizardcool11 (Post 436397)
at that level, only use stone at 1/2 or 1/3 hp... itll save a lot, and maybe u got unlucky and started missing with ur hammer

I always use aim scrolls...t1 for pt (most of the time I'm healing, fighting after they are stable), t2 or 3 for solo...I've been trying to get t2 production but that requires more$.... I was in the 100s zone for a day then back to 200.

Wizardcool11 02-23-2011 10:48 AM

no wonder ur poor...

didnt i tell u about the wonders of 4 stat hybrids? i NEVER use scrolls unless really needed... which was 2 times... Clanking MD at lv 59 and the job change... though it was satisfying to see the pretty red no.s...