Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   FiestaFan Announcements (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   [FF Notice] Member of the Month Update (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20316)

Blaaaaaaaah 05-03-2009 06:24 AM

o_o

Actually,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah
Anyway, we may have found a new/better approach for this.

^ was talking about something that Yosei came up with a few days ago that's very similar to your post.

Hazu 05-03-2009 06:36 AM

lol weird but that's good ~ ^^

WOW I read your post but somehow... skipped that last part -feels dumb- but.. I blame taht its like.. 1am here lol xD

Sparkeh 05-03-2009 01:02 PM

I think that you get a screenie's posted by some ppl and do in a vote~ xD

I mean find usefull stuff written...

Mindspank 05-04-2009 08:33 AM

Heres a thought...

Get rid of the whole damn thing.

Honestly your just turning a generally positive forum into a vicious, bever hills 90210-esque backstabbing festival.

Crap like this is just so people can feel better about themselves in superficial ways, and serves no purpose in the community other to spurn hatred of the winners. So just get rid of it all.

Hraesvelg 05-04-2009 08:37 AM

I think the idea is sound, in theory. It was a way to show "thanks!" to the various members that positively contribute to the community we have here, but jealousies on the part of some people did sort of taint the whole thing, I'm afraid. Ah well. Sometimes even the best intended projects get derailed.

Ralath 05-04-2009 09:10 AM

@Mindspank--Interesting that you should say that considering there were no problems with it during the first three months that MotM was given out.

Sparkeh 05-04-2009 10:38 AM

They were just lucky. ;D

But i think if u guys just get the rid of the whole damn idea as spank sayed?

I thought i was MoTM. Dx

Hessah 05-04-2009 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky_96 (Post 331891)
They were just lucky. ;D

But i think if u guys just get the rid of the whole damn idea as spank sayed?

I thought i was MoTM. Dx

They werent randomly picked out of a hat...

They all helped made FF fun / helpful... that's why they were picked...

But yeah, because this is such a small community... if no one really stood out for the title then just skip it for the month... If it was picked just coz someone needs to be picked then it takes the honour out of the title...

Blaaaaaaaah 05-04-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindspank (Post 331880)
Heres a thought...

Get rid of the whole damn thing.

Honestly your just turning a generally positive forum into a vicious, bever hills 90210-esque backstabbing festival.

Crap like this is just so people can feel better about themselves in superficial ways, and serves no purpose in the community other to spurn hatred of the winners. So just get rid of it all.

True in a way, not true in another way.

MotM was not really a problem. We initially decided to stop doing this because we realised the way we were doing it will eventually lead to problems you have mentioned, just not yet. So instead of keeping this thing up, we decided to stop till we find a better way to do it.

We have thought of another way, which may be posted up soon, though we are not sure if that's going to be better yet. We're going to try it anyway, and see how it turns out. If it doesn't turn out well, then we may probably have to scrape the whole idea in the end. Anyway, I won't go into details about the new thing yet.

Though, with the first three MotMs, there were no "vicious, bever hills 90210-esque backstabbing festival" or members "feel(ing) better about themselves in superficial ways", lol. If there were... I'm sure we would have heard the complaints already.

@Sparky: Please, please, please read the posts before jumping to say the previous MotMs were just "lucky". We have explained our reason for selecting the MotMs (and even provided links for "reference"). They very well deserved it.

Hazu 05-04-2009 11:47 PM

Nuu dont get rid of MoTM D: lol I hope the new Idea will work out well.

And each of the three people who was selected in the past, I could see why they were because of the things they contributed to the forums, if it was information or helping make things funner.

xD I actually... thought it was interesting to check in and see. Because sometimes theres people who contribute that dont really post on the forums much so we don't know about what they've done until they've been recognized for it o.o