Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Draft Guides (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=119)
-   -   Monster Location Maps (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312)

Pritcher 07-03-2007 12:39 AM

Monster Location Maps

View the more detailed, interactive Flash version here.

I only did the areas I could solo effectively so, Roumen, Forest of Tides, Sand Beach, Forest of Mist, Sea of Greed and Burning Hill. Hopefully spawn points won't change too much in the future and they'll remain applicable. If anyone sees anything I've left out or any glaring mistakes let me know and I'll try to add/fix it.

Roumen

Forest of Tides

Sand Beach

Forest of Mist

Sea of Greed

Burning Hill

Luminous Stone Level 1

Luminous Stone Level 2 (incomplete)

Zachias 07-03-2007 12:46 AM

nice maps, thanks for the guide!

ChaosTassadar 07-03-2007 01:01 AM

Wow, amazing, great work. If nothing changes these will be great guides for a long time, including lvls would make it even better.
Im suggesting putting this on the Wiki somewhere?

Blaaaaaaaah 07-03-2007 01:02 AM

Great! I was hoping someone would do something like this soon! I hate getting lost and trying to walk through a bunch of agro mobs to look for a mob that happens to be on another side of the map. Dx

Whudafux 07-03-2007 01:04 AM

8D. This'll help me when I'm able to play.

ColdxHeart 07-03-2007 01:27 AM

Nice job on getting the maps. Though, levels and possible pictures eventually would be nice. :x

Blaaaaaaaah 07-03-2007 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdxHeart (Post 3384)
Nice job on getting the maps. Though, levels and possible pictures eventually would be nice. :x

One major problem for that is that the level range is hard to judge since fighters and clerics can fight higher level things compared to archers and mages D: On my archers, I have so much trouble killing mobs of my level >___<"

fullback 07-03-2007 03:27 AM

I think that this is sticky worthy anyone else?

Rightclaw 07-03-2007 03:31 AM

Nice @___@

Fullback, yeah it's sticky worthy imo.

Zachias 07-03-2007 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullback1719 (Post 3429)
I think that this is sticky worthy anyone else?

Yeah i think so, also i think Blaaaah's guide of class upgrade to level 20 should be sticked too.

fullback 07-03-2007 03:46 AM

*Stickied*

chinhchinh 07-03-2007 04:35 AM

Very handy info.

phizzie 07-03-2007 06:41 AM

nicely done...

Pritcher 07-03-2007 07:14 AM

Well, in the words or Eddie Izzard, "Oh, it's all sticky!". Coolio, hope someone finds it useful.

Anyway, I updated Burning Hill to show the chief monster, 'Marlone'.

NavMan 07-03-2007 09:45 AM

Nice work, will surely come in handy in future.

Pritcher 07-03-2007 09:06 PM

I added monster levels. I took them from JimJimster's big list of goodies here. Thanks Jim :)

I believe he took them from the Korean site so they should pretty accurate; they look about right to me.

Vash 07-04-2007 01:13 AM

Should mark if they are argo or not, but other than that nice.

ColdxHeart 07-05-2007 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah (Post 3386)
One major problem for that is that the level range is hard to judge since fighters and clerics can fight higher level things compared to archers and mages D: On my archers, I have so much trouble killing mobs of my level >___<"

Yeah, true. They have so much more HP and Defence. I just meant eventually when you can actually go there and not get killed. I don't want to make it a chore for you. Don't kill yourself over it.

Belaslav 07-05-2007 06:15 PM

Blaaah I have a suggestion. Can you post which monsters should a player train on at a certain lvl?

+Rep if you do! Lol...

Blaaaaaaaah 07-06-2007 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belaslav (Post 3906)
Blaaah I have a suggestion. Can you post which monsters should a player train on at a certain lvl?

+Rep if you do! Lol...

Me?! Hahaha xD I wouldn't mind doing that, but I don't actually remember the levels the mobs turn yellow on my characters >_______________<"! Sorry! Dx

fullback 07-06-2007 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belaslav (Post 3906)

+Rep if you do! Lol...

Well different classes can level on different things based on their class' advantages.

Shoxy 07-06-2007 08:22 AM

Great Maps, thanks for taking your time to make and post them.

Deaths_Illusion 07-10-2007 12:12 AM

Hands down the best guide yet XD!

Pritcher 07-11-2007 07:27 PM

I was playing around, trying to learn some Flash and I used one of the maps to try a few little things. It's just some invisible interactive buttons over the monster names that should pop up a picture and monster info when you run the cursor over the names. I like how it turned out and it gave me a few ideas so now I'm thinking about making all of these maps into one interactive guide.

I only just started learning flash yesterday though, and I don't have a good grasp on the scripting part yet. For now I'm thinking I could just do all the maps like that Forest of Tides one with monster images/info and make it to where you can navigate from inside the image by clicking on the portals. Like you click the the gate to Roumen and the Roumen map comes up.

I'd also like to have the world map, (the one that comes up when you hit U in the game), be the first thing that pops up and have clickable buttons under the areas there too so you can go anywhere from the start. I don't have a screenshot of it anymore; I have no clue what I did with it, I know I used to have one. Anyway if anyone has it can you post it please. Tyty :)

Can't seem to embed flash here so I stuck it over here

ColdxHeart 07-11-2007 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pritcher (Post 5200)
I was playing around, trying to learn some Flash and I used one of the maps to try a few little things. It's just some invisible interactive buttons over the monster names that should pop up a picture and monster info when you run the cursor over the names. I like how it turned out and it gave me a few ideas so now I'm thinking about making all of these maps into one interactive guide.

I only just started learning flash yesterday though, and I don't have a good grasp on the scripting part yet. For now I'm thinking I could just do all the maps like that Forest of Tides one with monster images/info and make it to where you can navigate from inside the image by clicking on the portals. Like you click the the gate to Roumen and the Roumen map comes up.

I'd also like to have the world map, (the one that comes up when you hit U in the game), be the first thing that pops up and have clickable buttons under the areas there too so you can go anywhere from the start. I don't have a screenshot of it anymore; I have no clue what I did with it, I know I used to have one. Anyway if anyone has it can you post it please. Tyty :)

Can't seem to embed flash here so I stuck it over here

That would be very to helpful to new players. The world map is also a very good idea, so you can go to where ever you want to. And make the maps have links to the other places that they connect to. If you keep going on this, it'll get to be very impressive.

ChaosTassadar 07-11-2007 09:13 PM

When having the mob's picture come up, why dont u highlight the places where it spawns as well? Either that or maybe have the arrows go to that spot or something?

Looks great btw, if we end up with an entire world map like this it would be a very useful tool indeed!

Deaths_Illusion 07-11-2007 10:43 PM

Hey i was also thinking... could u include monsters lvls in this guide? that way we dont just run out there like noobs and die haha

Pritcher 07-11-2007 10:58 PM

:confused: I added monster levels to the jpegs a while ago. It's the number in parentheses next to the name. Their levels are also under the names in the popup window in the flash version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosTassadar
When having the mob's picture come up, why dont u highlight the places where it spawns as well?

I liked that idea. I made it so that it still shows the popup when you mouse over the names, but if you click and hold on the names the locations on the map are highlighted yellow and the information window disappears since it covers up much of the map.

Forest of Tides

Blaaaaaaaah 07-12-2007 02:02 AM

Wooooooooooooooooow. I'm impressed! Very creative, I haven't seen this done to monster maps before. I really like it. Nice flash work, because I always have trouble learning how to use it for some reason! I go through some tutorials and then I give up half way.

Cool stuff Pritcher. -thumbs up-

NavMan 07-12-2007 02:20 AM

Very nice! Keetos maybe you could put these maps onto the website?

Pritcher 07-13-2007 04:21 AM

I updated the Flash version. It's still not finished and I didn't get any more monsters or monster info in any of the maps but I got all the maps I've done in there and all the linking code done so you should be able to navigate through all of them. I put a link to this site on the front page, but a popup blocker will probably stop that from working. :rolleyes:

There's a placeholder frame for the world map until I get a hold of a screenshot for that. It still does basically the same thing the world map will do, provide a link to all the maps in one place, it's just ugly. As far as I know all the warp gates for the maps I have should work and the button in the upper right next to the grid button should bring you back to the "world map".

Enjoy :) Try it out, lemme know whatcha think and if you find anything that doesn't work right.

Blaaaaaaaah 07-13-2007 04:26 AM

Oh wow, that's cool. Are you going to put in the other flash map you made earlier in there as well? The ones where you get to roll over the word and the monster pops up.

Pritcher 07-13-2007 04:32 AM

Yeah, that one's in there. The first two, Roumen and Forest of Tides still have the popup monster info. I'll add it to the rest of them soon. That part is no problem really, mostly drag and drop, but it's tedious and I wanted to get the code stuff done first.

Blaaaaaaaah 07-13-2007 04:34 AM

Ah sorry, don't know what I was thinking and was rolling my mouse over the wrong things! Lol @_@" Nice work!

4swordlink 07-14-2007 12:59 AM

these are great maps. They'll help me a lot.

Pritcher 07-14-2007 05:09 PM

I did more but I couldn't put it up on that other image hosting place because it got too big. It's 1.5 MB, and that's too big :rolleyes:. A few others let me do it but they resized it and it looked all crappy. Free hosts; you get what you pay for I guess. Anyway I went ahead and got a freebie site from geocities to put it on.

About as complete as I can get it for now.

Now, I need something else to occupy me... Insomnia is a bitch.

Blaaaaaaaah 07-15-2007 02:44 AM

Cool, the world map works great with it!

Triumph 07-15-2007 05:23 PM

There's a minor correction you might want to make, in the Sea of Greed. You don't have the King Boogy labeled.

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/4...eedlvlsdn0.jpg

I labeled it on your map, because it's hard to describe. Also, I'd reckon it's around Level 17-20, because when I encountered it on my Cleric (level 17) it didn't too too hard, but took a long time to kill.

And I did this on MS Paint in like 2 seconds. >_>

AndyB 07-23-2007 11:05 AM

Very nice maps, don't think I've ever seen any with that much detail.

Aneurysm 07-25-2007 09:46 PM

wow thats really helpfull for quick questing, thanx :)