Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   M O S (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Hello everyone, long time no see! (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34053)

Ralath 05-18-2018 03:26 PM

Wow so many people coming out of the woodwork! How did you guys know to check FF? I got told by Blahs, lol

Belaslav 05-18-2018 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fr0Z3nWind (Post 479186)
Hey! Randomly remembered the site and decided to pop back to visit. Really surprised to see everyone here. Time has really passed huh. Hope everyone is doing well. Looks like I was really immature 10 years ago and hope everyone can forgive me.

I remember having fun playing LoL with lirange, blah, ralath...and someone else that plays nasus but can't recall (oh Ivramire, after checking the other thread)....Those were good times, kinda miss it tbh.

As for me, I'm a medical physicist in my last semester of study before I (hopefully) work at a local hospital or doing research in proton therapy for cancer. I still play games once in awhile when time permits, currently on a study break before the semester starts in August so I started playing stardew valley while waiting for a holiday job.

Medical physicist that wants to cure cancer? NOW THERE'S A SAINT! :angel:

No really this is marvelous work! I cannot boast in knowing too much about physics, but I take it you're gonna try using precision proton bombardment (aka radiation) to kill off cancer cells while leaving healthy ones intact? Can you go into details?

As for immaturity, don't fret. Blaahs laughed at penis jokes, her sister wanted to be a couch tester, and as for me, well... This thread. I'm not ashamed to say that I can still squeal in delight after all these years. :cutielove:

Fr0Z3nWind 05-18-2018 10:33 PM

Hmm, I didnt know tbh. I suddenly just got reminded that day and googled if FFan still existed xD

Hahas I highly doubt Im a saint. I wanted to be a vet in the past but Singapore does not have it as a course, you needed to take it overseas (vets in Singapore usually have theirs in Australia). Only recently did we have it (starting next august) in ONE uni and only accepted 15 students.

Yes you are absolutely right.
Hmm, in current clinical radiotherapy we use electron beam and x-ray to treat patients with cancer which tends to have side effects. Proton are much heavier and transfer their energy almost fully upon impact, unlike the previous 2 which continues past the target area and create bremsstrahlung in the patient. What we want to achieve is a double strand break in the DNA of the cancer cell while minimising complications of the cells around it, but of course there is no 100% way to ensure its a double strand break. Fun fact which I was really surprised in my study was that when irradiating a medium/patient, the surface does not have the highest dose, but rather a few cm deep.
Proton therapy does sound better but the machine required for it is massive and the cost of therapy is about 6 times (IIRC) the conventional treatment. Currently Japan has the most machines (of 3). Singapore will get its first in 2022.

Do you all have a discord server or something xD

Hessah 05-24-2018 04:59 PM

Wow I didnt think I'll read medical talk on this forum HAHA

lamchopz 05-25-2018 06:40 PM

Interesting. I felt like checking this site again today. Not sure if you guys remember me. Nice seeing we are all settled with studies, jobs and families now. :)

lamchopz 05-25-2018 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fr0Z3nWind (Post 479189)
Hmm, I didnt know tbh. I suddenly just got reminded that day and googled if FFan still existed xD

Hahas I highly doubt Im a saint. I wanted to be a vet in the past but Singapore does not have it as a course, you needed to take it overseas (vets in Singapore usually have theirs in Australia). Only recently did we have it (starting next august) in ONE uni and only accepted 15 students.

Yes you are absolutely right.
Hmm, in current clinical radiotherapy we use electron beam and x-ray to treat patients with cancer which tends to have side effects. Proton are much heavier and transfer their energy almost fully upon impact, unlike the previous 2 which continues past the target area and create bremsstrahlung in the patient. What we want to achieve is a double strand break in the DNA of the cancer cell while minimising complications of the cells around it, but of course there is no 100% way to ensure its a double strand break. Fun fact which I was really surprised in my study was that when irradiating a medium/patient, the surface does not have the highest dose, but rather a few cm deep.
Proton therapy does sound better but the machine required for it is massive and the cost of therapy is about 6 times (IIRC) the conventional treatment. Currently Japan has the most machines (of 3). Singapore will get its first in 2022.

Fascinating read. I still don't understand radiation therapy fully. Whenever I see patients who underwent radiotherapy, I just think of complications and whether I can send them home safely. :urweird:

Yosei 06-04-2018 03:08 PM

This entire thread makes me happy! Hello, everyone! A little late to the party, though :(

Belaslav 06-05-2018 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yosei (Post 479199)
This entire thread makes me happy! Hello, everyone! A little late to the party, though :(

Hey Yosei! Long time indeed, I didn't even expect to have everyone just gather around in such short time XD.

Big question, marriage/kids? :zomg:

Yosei 06-05-2018 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belaslav (Post 479201)
Hey Yosei! Long time indeed, I didn't even expect to have everyone just gather around in such short time XD.

Big question, marriage/kids? :zomg:

Nope and nope :nahnah: I think I'ma pass on kids. I'm approaching 30 and I still don't feel ready. I think if and when I am, I'll just adopt :cutielove: Been with my current partner for 3 1/2 years, and no sign of marriage yet. No rush, though.

I'm in New York now, though! I was originally in Michigan.

If anyone here has discord and would like to add me:

Katie #1526

lamchopz 06-05-2018 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yosei (Post 479203)
Nope and nope :nahnah: I think I'ma pass on kids. I'm approaching 30 and I still don't feel ready. I think if and when I am, I'll just adopt :cutielove: Been with my current partner for 3 1/2 years, and no sign of marriage yet. No rush, though.

I'm in New York now, though! I was originally in Michigan.

If anyone here has discord and would like to add me:

Katie #1526

Don't be afraid of childbirth. Only took my wife 18 hours, a little bit of screaming then about 5 minutes of going totally bananas as well as squeezing my neck. :nahnah: