Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   FiestaFan Announcements (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   [FiestaFan] Arcade Hacking (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8839)

Blaaaaaaaah 05-23-2008 01:21 PM

[FiestaFan] Arcade Hacking

Arcade Hacking

Recently, there have been a few incidents where members have "hacked" the arcade to obtain illegitimate scores. From now on, if any members are caught doing this, it will result in a one month ban from the arcade as well as an infraction.

If you want to "test" out different methods to see whether it will work on FF Arcade, I'd recommend you to PM the Administrator (Entropy) or the moderators about this instead so we can look into the security issues, rather than going ahead to hack the games. Any hacked scores will also be removed.

Hacking games are not acceptable (obviously), and that goes for the Arcade too.

Thank you.

Arathyne 05-23-2008 04:55 PM

-_- You can never get rid of hackers in this world.

Sero 05-23-2008 04:58 PM

There's always ban and ban =D but even that's tiring. Things happen.

+Tequila+ 05-23-2008 06:07 PM

I don't really think and infraction is a good punishment for hacking. Its not hard for a person to go from hacking scores to actually doing damage to FF. :D But this is just my opinion.

Lady-Loki 05-23-2008 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by +Tequila+ (Post 151047)
I don't really think and infraction is a good punishment for hacking. Its not hard for a person to go from hacking scores to actually doing damage to FF. :D But this is just my opinion.

I agree, and a one month ban is too lenient also. I say start with a 6-month ban and then if they come back & do it again give them a perma-ban. Heck, it'll take them one-month to finish hacking the others sites that offer games so they don't really lose much from a one-month ban.

Loveless 05-23-2008 10:15 PM

Gotta crack that whip on any type of hackers. Show them that you are serious about anti-hacking.

@Loki: Your ava is SO cute!! /offtopic

Lady-Loki 05-23-2008 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loveless (Post 151149)
@Loki: Your ava is SO cute!! /offtopic

I haz a friend who is pretty darn good at chibi art! Thanks goes to Yosei for my avi!

KK, so I don't get fussed at I shall comment on topic too. Ban the hackers!

Hyper 05-24-2008 11:23 PM

I posted a solution in the Mod talk section, so this might not be an issue for much longer. If its possible to do with vB...

secbro20 05-24-2008 11:25 PM

Best that can be done is ban but at least its something. Yay for crackdown!

O-mie 05-25-2008 12:00 AM

One month ban >_> Well, regardless that its arcade hacking, its still hacking, and something tells me a one month ban is only going to agitate the person and if they're an experienced hacker that might be inviting them to come back and actually cause malicious troubles. >_>