Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Screenshots and Videos (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   [Video] Fiesta Music Video (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9571)

Pritcher 06-14-2008 05:09 AM

[Video] Fiesta Music Video

Hey all, I'm back again. I just got a wild hair to do a sort of lighthearted video and for some reason Fiesta came to mind, so I made this Fiesta music video.

It's very short and I was learning a new program as I went while making it, but basically it's a newbie mage getting owned by the Hero Slime and then training to take revenge on him and his. She gets a little lost on the way, (special treat for the FlyFF people), but triumphs in the end. I even worked in a little plug for FF in end credits, so enjoy.

:laugh:(love the new smileys by the way)

A_Forever 06-14-2008 05:16 AM

Nice xD

booyah8876 06-14-2008 05:39 AM

Winnar xD

Enraya 06-14-2008 05:46 AM

LMAOO XD
The video was funny XD Random Flyff part LMAO
I feel kind of bad for Hero Slime now @_@

Ivramire 06-14-2008 05:47 AM

naiz editing effects

Blaaaaaaaah 06-14-2008 05:59 AM

HOLY CRAP THAT IS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!

What video editing program did you use!!

Pritcher 06-14-2008 06:48 AM

Thanks all. :laugh:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah (Post 164964)
What video editing program did you use!!

For the primary editing I used Premier, but for the compositing, motion graphics, rotoscoping, etc... I used After Effects. It's the first time I've really used After Effects because it always seemed kind of daunting to learn it. It's a really powerful tool though and I'm looking forward to trying something else more seriously using it.

Also used Fraps for capturing, BeSweet GUI for audio conversion\encoding, and VirtualDubMod for video conversion and final Xvid encoding.

Blaaaaaaaah 06-14-2008 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pritcher (Post 164997)
Thanks all. :laugh:

For the primary editing I used Premier, but for the compositing, motion graphics, rotoscoping, etc... I used After Effects. It's the first time I've really used After Effects because it always seemed kind of daunting to learn it. It's a really powerful tool though and I'm looking forward to trying something else more seriously using it.

Also used Fraps for capturing, BeSweet GUI for audio conversionencoding, and VirtualDubMod for video conversion and final Xvid encoding.

Wow so many programs. What's rotoscoping? /toolazytolookup

Pritcher 06-14-2008 06:52 AM

Rotoscoping is just the term for making a frame by frame mask. It's how the mage runs off the Fiesta screen into the FlyFF game screen.

Blaaaaaaaah 06-14-2008 06:54 AM

D: Frame by frame work? @___@"

How long did it take for you to make the video?

Pritcher 06-14-2008 07:03 AM

Not very long. I say frame by frame, but you don't have to draw the mask for each frame. You just draw the original one and modify the keyframes where the image actually changes and After Effects handles the 'tween stuff.

Yes though, rotoscoping is extremely tedious work. I only rotoscoped like half that scene then I just drew a simple mask and keyed out all the green for the rest. It doesn't look as clean that way, but it's much faster and it's unnoticeable on YouTube anyway.

ThievingSix 06-14-2008 07:04 AM

I've done quite a few AMV's and have always wanted to learn After Effects. Any tips on how you got over the initial woe's on starting with it?

Blaaaaaaaah 06-14-2008 07:13 AM

Yeah, I've got After Effects but I never touched it, cos when I opened it, it looked a bit over whelming for me. Dx

Pritcher 06-14-2008 07:17 AM

Lol, I've had it since CS3 came out and only just now managed to bite the bullet and jump in. I guess just do that, jump in and mess around with it.

Read/watch some tutorials too, they help a lot. Especially with just getting to know the interface and general workflow since it's so awkward at first compared to a normal NLE like Premier or Windows Movie Maker or whatever.

CreativeCow.net is an awesome resource for a lot of tutorials.

Esen 06-14-2008 07:19 AM

I laughed at the Flyff part xD Awesome video with all the editing and stuff~ :O

Flowersss 06-14-2008 09:15 AM

So it's like, when she was a lower level...she coulde'nt kill it..

then hen she got a higher level, she got revenge on the Hero Slime?

how cute :laugh:

Loveless 06-14-2008 09:30 AM

Wow, nice video! Love the music. <3

Hessah 06-14-2008 01:18 PM

that was awesome!!

Love the music and your edit with the tune~~ (esp those skill boxes jumping about~)

and em.. hero slime.. i can relate to that mage too...

-gonna watch it again-

LiTtLeJoEy 06-14-2008 01:37 PM

ha!:sunnies:

Ownage 06-14-2008 06:02 PM

That is amazing :cheeky:

Spirit 06-14-2008 07:26 PM

LMAO, too cute. And wow at the editing!!!!

DarkPysics 06-14-2008 08:02 PM

That is the Coolest Video, Nice Job , iad dyou on my youtube name of your video