Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   FiestaWiki (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Regarding vandalism of wiki (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3475)

NotMyWay 12-09-2007 05:14 AM

Regarding vandalism of wiki

From the history, it seems that some person has vandalised the fiestawiki, deliberately changing the information to false information (no one accidently changes the info for world DJ to "shout 100000000000 times in 2 seconds" do they?) While it has been restored, i would like to say that vandalism is not only a childish act, it also can easily be undone, and it is more easy to undo vandalism then it is to vandalise, so please give up.

Ralath 12-09-2007 06:13 AM

That's... pretty evil. As if we needed more frantic spamming in towns and maps in order to get titles... -_-;;

Hyper 12-09-2007 06:21 AM

Vandalism of the Wiki should an instant IP ban.

I see no one has changed "fateroit" back to "ateroit" in the Title Guide... ^^;;

Enraya 12-09-2007 06:54 AM

=.="
Immature people just do this for fun ...
I seriously don't get the point of it.

Is it only members of fiestafan can edit and create? Or is it everyone right now?

Falzz 12-09-2007 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyperswoss (Post 54876)
Vandalism of the Wiki should an instant IP ban.

I see no one has changed "fateroit" back to "ateroit" in the Title Guide... ^^;;

Yea, they should get IP banned like what Wikipedia does.

jacquin 12-09-2007 07:30 AM

It's a reason why I watch the Monster Info page. While finding well made vandals is a mess (wait, no Phinos aren't summoned monsters are they?) finding obvious issues is a synch (no, the Sword of My Pants does NOT drop from a Slime).

Thus, it would probably be much easier if the dedicated folks had a few pages on watch and do quick scans for changes. Even if no one vandalizes it, it's neat just to see a part of the wiki grow.

NotMyWay 12-09-2007 08:33 AM

Everyone can edit the wiki, but the IP will be recorded.

To some extend I agree with IP bans, but innocent people may be affected, (such as maybe an innocent sibling of a vandal or lan shops), and vandals can use proxy ips.

I believe Phinos are not summoned monsters. summoned monsters would not drop soul/spirit/gem dust, and would drop summoned beast leathers. I forgot what they are though...

Zotius 12-09-2007 08:37 AM

I gotta agree that undoing vandalised is super easy with a back up thus making vandalism a complete waste of time.

jacquin 12-09-2007 08:39 AM

Oh, I used that bit about phinos as an example. They are elemental.

Funny thing is, I used that just because I knew locating a wrong monster type would be tricky. Right after that, though, I end up having to change a few types: ratmen were set as beasts and prock zones as elementals (they are summoned and spirits respectively).

Triumph 12-09-2007 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotMyWay (Post 54909)
Everyone can edit the wiki, but the IP will be recorded.

To some extend I agree with IP bans, but innocent people may be affected, (such as maybe an innocent sibling of a vandal or lan shops), and vandals can use proxy ips.

I believe Phinos are not summoned monsters. summoned monsters would not drop soul/spirit/gem dust, and would drop summoned beast leathers. I forgot what they are though...

In any event, temporary suspensions are general procedure. Even if there are innocents affected, IP bans eventually expire.

Unless, of course, the sysop decides to give an indefinite ban.