Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Roumen Port (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Greenest Newb (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26214)

Havoc 03-24-2010 01:13 PM

Greenest Newb

Ok, so I've been playing one single MMORPG since like 2004. And recently I just got fed up with the problems and thought to look around for something new.

I found a few since then that dont last more then a few days. I've yet to log into the game, but ive been reading up and looking at the forums and wiki. It's very appealing and I can't wait to get in game.

Now, the community in FF seems fun, what server do you guys recommend for a complete newb that has never logged on before??

And what class would be best to start off with? I was looking at the Archer class since it seems pretty straight forward stat wise. 25 spr rest Str. It's all strange to me since i came from a game that Dex=Atk and Str was atk for melee not range. Anyways, Im trying to get the hange of it.

Would that be a good class to start off with? In order to get more gears etc? Or is there a less gear oriented class that can go without having haxd gears to be strong for a while?

I think, that covers everything....Oh, the names Javi. And I hope this game is the one for me, I hate MMO hopping =/ I have no home!!

Ivramire 03-24-2010 01:19 PM

Pretty much all the classes have random chances of having their class-gear drop. Of all the classes, Clerics can probably get by with the least "hax'd" gear due to their main role being healers. You'll need to find a dedicated party though if you don't go offensive.

I'd suggest Fighters as a starting class. Survivability with some lethality while getting a feel for basic gameplay and aggro range.

Welcome here.

03-24-2010 02:43 PM

welcome to FF =D

Havoc 03-24-2010 03:01 PM

Thanks for the welcomes. What's the most active server? If in case I wanted to go cleric I would have the highest chance for parties.

03-24-2010 03:05 PM

teva or bijou

Kaini 03-24-2010 03:48 PM

Epith server is fun! :p (Oh who am I kidding, I just want to play wif u :p)

I would choose cleric, less complicated than being a fighter XD Archer is good too, they arent too terribly squishy like mages, and they have the highest starting attack.

Lirange 03-24-2010 03:54 PM

rawr

Havoc 03-24-2010 04:23 PM

Heh, thanks Kaini. I just hate soloing. And how's the lvl grinding? Does it take a long time to be lvl 60+?

Rawr to you too Lirange.

Kaini 03-24-2010 04:26 PM

Well, it took me about half a year to get to 62 (considering the fact that I quit for a couple months XD)
And I wasn't very fast :p
And if you join Epith and join my guild, I will help you anytime you want ^^ That's what I do most of the time, help out my guildies ^^ My favorite pastime XD

I'm a silly cleric :p

aramil001 03-24-2010 04:49 PM

why 'ello mate!!! welcome to FF!!! I would say that Fighter is the best starting class. As for levelng, OS (outspark) has made getting to level 40 insanely easy. But if you want to be a good fighter, DO NOT IZYEL!!! It is bad for your career as a fighter...