Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Suggestions, Questions and Feedback (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Rep System: To redo or not to redo.... that is the question (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6030)

Spirit 03-04-2008 03:43 PM

Rep System: To redo or not to redo.... that is the question

Okay, after a lot of dicussion about the current repping system and a renovation of how rep points are given, we are debating on completely wiping the current reps and letting everyone start over from scratch following the new repping system.
So, this is your chance to voice your opinion. Please remain nice and friendly and do not flame anyone for not having the same opinion as you.

Redoing the rep system will allow some of the new members a better chance of not feeling left out, since with the new repping system, it would be impossible for them to ever catch up to the members that have 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 rep bars.

booyah8876 03-04-2008 04:00 PM

*first leave it alone xD*

But yeah... I don't really think it's something like a race... I mean... it's nice if I get some, but doesn't matter if I don't.

I care that it's left alone because of the people that've been here before...

but really.

Leave it alone.

Valentines 03-04-2008 04:20 PM

Meh, not worth it at this point.

iDerrick 03-04-2008 04:23 PM

It wouldnt matter if we wiped it, people will still abuse the rep system whether you like it or not.

Patches 03-04-2008 04:24 PM

I say leave it alone. I don't think it is that big of a deal.

+Tequila+ 03-04-2008 04:30 PM

Hmmm even though I dont really post here much anymore heres my 2 cents: Rep should be given to active contributers *by this I mean information and help to other members* to this fansite. I remember a while back * a few weeks or months* there was a thread in M.O.S with people jus repping each other in it. That shouldnt happen the old rep system was used and abused by some but others actually worked to achieve high reps. If you are switching to a new rep system then by all means wipe the accumulated rep. IF you ACTIVELY contribute to the purpose of this site then it shouldnt bother you because you will simply get your rep back. Spirit has a good point about the wipe being fair to new members. Hmm just think of this wipe like it is: For Great Justice *sorry had to throw that in*:D

Hyper 03-04-2008 05:00 PM

Wipe... I guess.

If you're going to completely re-do the rep system, you might as well start over. That was abuse would go unnoticed and not be as big of a deal.

Spirit 03-04-2008 05:06 PM

The new rep system that has already been put into affect, greatly reducing the amount of rep points that each member can give. So, (example), where last week I could +rep someone and it would alter them by 1 or 2 bars, now I cannot even alter their rep by adding any bars unless they are already close to getting another bar.
By wiping everyone and starting over, it clears out all the abuse that happened in the past and any future abuse will not affect the system as greatly as it has done in the past, because repping power has been reduced.

Ulrike 03-04-2008 05:39 PM

I say leave it alone as well. I'm still not 100% clear on just what the issue is, but gut feeling says it's not a pressing issue

Blaaaaaaaah 03-04-2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulrike (Post 101376)
I say leave it alone as well. I'm still not 100% clear on just what the issue is, but gut feeling says it's not a pressing issue

We have raised the question of whether members would want the system to be wiped to get rid of the "gap" between those who already have lots of reputation, and those who doesn't.

Spirit pretty much explained it in her previous post.

Just say, with the old system, we could get someone to 10 bars in 5 days. But with the new system now, it will take someone 10 days to get to 10 bars. Meaning it will take twice as long for people to gain the amount of rep others have now. (Btw, I just made the numbers up on the spot, it is not real).

But, if we restart the system, then everyone will start from 0 again and like Spirit said, it will get rid of the abuse that's been used on the rep system.

It may not be a big issue to certain members, but we want to fix this issue now rather than leaving it till later when there are more members, and probably more "mess" to fix up.

So yeap.

So far the poll is pretty... even... D: More opinions please!