Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   FiestaWiki (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Problems Uploading (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14296)

Gandalfa82 10-20-2008 02:46 PM

Problems Uploading

anytime I try to upload a file I get an error:
The file is corrupt or has an incorrect extension. Please check the file and upload again.

I can upload using .jpg but .png format is blocked. Is there a reason for this? All my files are in .png format and it is a pain to convert to jpg and keep colors or bmp and not take up a huge amount of room.

Icy 10-21-2008 05:02 PM

The format of the file you try to upload must match the extension of the file name you're placing it under. So if you try to upload a PNG file to wiki/something.gif, you will get that error.

Gandalfa82 10-22-2008 02:59 AM

hum... I was doing png but it was from the uploader and the extentions were matching up.

Will try again on other items, I have a few more to do.

Icy 10-22-2008 09:12 AM

Then that's bizarre.

Gandalfa82 10-23-2008 01:15 AM

just checked again, I can not upload png files.

I try different ways but they all fail with the same error.

BTW, I have like 100 files to upload and I don't want to convert them over to .jpg/gif to upload.

Redoing the whole Skill Master Page will be a pain and a half.

Icy 10-23-2008 10:45 AM

I have tested this myself and I am now convinced that this is an error on behalf of the system. Let's forward this to Entropy.

Gandalfa82 10-23-2008 08:59 PM

ok, so I take it your bringing it to the attention of Entropy. So I will hold off till I hear more from that. Please let me know when you hear something so I know if I need to reformat all the files I have and change the pages.

Hessah 01-04-2009 09:52 PM

-necro-

Are there any updates to this?

I suppose Entropy hasnt been around to fix it? Coz I tried to upload some screenshots for the Guilds page, and is getting the same error msg...

I guess I've only got a few screenshots.. so I could change them to another file format if that works... (though I thought we want Wiki to have all png files...) So should I change them to jpg?

Gandalfa82 01-05-2009 08:42 AM

I would not consider it a necro since your question is about the topic.

And yes, convert to jpg to upload. Right now .png is off limits.

At one point our goal was to get all items .png but screen shots were to be .jpg anyway I think.

Icy 01-07-2009 01:12 AM

Generally, GIF compression (websnap adaptive 256) gives you good quality for bytes for small files ~ 100x100, say. PNG is also okay for these small ones. BMP is only good for very small files. With PNG, files the size of 1280x800 screenshots always seem to be larger than JPEG (similar quality, ~9/10)... i.e. use .jpg format anyway!

Edit: Nope, problem persists.