Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   M O S (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Xbox One (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32906)

Triumph 05-26-2013 11:34 PM

Xbox One

Read

All hail the PS4.

But actually, this is why my Microsoft stock went down and my Sony/Nintendo stock went up...

Hessah 05-27-2013 12:12 AM

PS 4 has no backwards compatibility too... so I hear?

What's with all these new consoles that wouldn't play old games!

Entropy 05-27-2013 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triumph (Post 464333)
But actually, this is why my Microsoft stock went down and my Sony/Nintendo stock went up...

Yeah that and Windows 8, and Windows Phones, and Bing...

Lirange 05-27-2013 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hessah (Post 464336)

I read somewhere that the ps4 has a different architecture than the ps3, so it would take to much work to be able to emulate the ps3 on the ps4. You can also always just keep your old system.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Entropy (Post 464337)
Yeah that and Windows 8, and Windows Phones, and Bing...

I don't think any of those products are bad :(.

Ralath 05-27-2013 03:12 AM

I love my Windows Phone :]

Entropy 05-27-2013 03:32 AM

I'm not saying Windows Phones or Bing are bad, just they don't have much market share and I believe MS loses money on them every year which doesn't help their stock price.

Windows 8 on a laptop I really don't like though.

Yosei 05-27-2013 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hessah (Post 464336)

People are also mad because you can get these games, but you will have to buy them digitally. And they are also making it so you have to install the games. So one console per physical copy of the game. You couldn't sell it again or let a friend borrow it.

Hessah 05-27-2013 04:45 AM

Ooo... I'm surprised that these console games are making it harder and harder for us to get our money's worth... it's just pushing gamers into online games like Steam...

Triumph is the Samsung stock going up?

Triumph 05-27-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hessah (Post 464345)
Ooo... I'm surprised that these console games are making it harder and harder for us to get our money's worth... it's just pushing gamers into online games like Steam...

Triumph is the Samsung stock going up?

It should be, the S4 is a great phone, and just came out in the United States. A quick peek in the Korean stock exchange seems to indicate it rose a little last week.

I hate the plastic feel of the S3/4, so incidentally, I now have an iPhone. Which most of my friends find hilarious, since I used to be a diehard Android user.

The issue with the Xbox One is that if you have mandatory game installation, combined with a non-replaceable hard drive (lol, what are we, the 1990s?), you are quickly gonna run out of space if you own a large collection of games and DLC. If they really plan on doing everything through the cloud, and have your games stored on the cloud... that's gonna get expensive.

Sales jumped 875%? on the Wii U last week, so I dunno what Microsoft is doing anymore. It's nice and all to try to appeal to everyone, but if you spread yourself so thin and alienate your primary consumer base (gamerfolk), then things aren't gonna go so well.

I'm still hung up on the "we're gonna appeal to the casuals" and "we're also gonna keep the subscription for Xbox Live."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yosei (Post 464344)
People are also mad because you can get these games, but you will have to buy them digitally. And they are also making it so you have to install the games. So one console per physical copy of the game. You couldn't sell it again or let a friend borrow it.

You technically can still lend I think, but you'd have to let people sign in on your account... but playing LAN is probably a thing of the past. Yay moneygrubbing. Playing multiplayer online (e.g. CoD/BF) won't change much, but no more lending RPGs to friends without lending them your account also...

Yosei 05-28-2013 06:53 AM

Even then, these online gaming store/source thingies tend to freak out and have a long and pain in the arse procedure just to log in from another PC or console. I despise code confirmations.

My boyfriend and his friend thrive off of borrowing. One will buy a game and let the other borrow it. The other will buy another game and let the other guy borrow it. Guess that's now over for the xbox.