Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Suggestions, Questions and Feedback (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Quick Reply vs. Advanced Reply (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9710)

Ralath 06-17-2008 10:39 PM

Quick Reply vs. Advanced Reply

Is there any way to move the Smilies onto the Quick Reply little box?

I can't remember the codes for the smilies so every time I want to use the Slime Smilies, I have to go to the Advanced thing when it'd be a lot more convenient if they were visible in the Quick Reply box.

:sunnies:

06-17-2008 10:41 PM

idn id like to no that to hehehe

Hessah 06-17-2008 11:13 PM

i like the sound of that too

Loveless 06-17-2008 11:19 PM

I agree. The only reason I don't use emotes is because they're not in the quick reply option... ^^; So I just use these things...

Triumph 06-18-2008 12:31 AM

Quick reply is intended for a quick, streamlined reply in which the user does not need to wait and open another page in order to respond.

However, it can be done, and quite simply too. Forum admins may need to do a bit of tinkering with modified files, however.

Blaaaaaaaah 06-18-2008 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triumph (Post 167314)
Quick reply is intended for a quick, streamlined reply in which the user does not need to wait and open another page in order to respond.

That's what I think too. It kind of defeats the purpose of a "quick reply" if we have features of the advanced reply in the quick reply.

But, if a lot of people wants it, maybe we could do it. Though we might need to wait for Entropy on this.. as far as I know, I don't think Rightclaw nor I can alter the "templates" or "layout" bits of FiestaFan. So I'm not sure if we can change this right now. o:

bloodrops 06-18-2008 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah (Post 167372)
That's what I think too. It kind of defeats the purpose of a "quick reply" if we have features of the advanced reply in the quick reply.

I'm echoeing this...

Ownage 06-19-2008 04:21 AM

I agree with Ralath.

I forget the smilies every time I go to post T.T

That would be GREAT if we could somehow input Slime Smilies into the Quick Reply box!

Triumph 06-19-2008 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah (Post 167372)

But, if a lot of people wants it, maybe we could do it. Though we might need to wait for Entropy on this.. as far as I know, I don't think Rightclaw nor I can alter the "templates" or "layout" bits of FiestaFan. So I'm not sure if we can change this right now. o:

You may be able to. It depends on if you have Head/Super Administrator status, or if you are a regular Administrator. The integration of smilies into the Quick Reply box requires modification of the "quickreply" template, which may require Head/Super Administrator status.

Blaaaaaaaah 06-19-2008 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triumph (Post 168864)
You may be able to. It depends on if you have Head/Super Administrator status, or if you are a regular Administrator. The integration of smilies into the Quick Reply box requires modification of the "quickreply" template, which may require Head/Super Administrator status.

Yeap, we only have regular Admin status. Already tried looking for the templates option before, but we don't have it. =]