Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mage (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   AOE mage build help (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6892)

faded-moon 03-28-2008 04:30 PM

AOE mage build help

ok, so i pretty much need help with all the basics about a AOE mage considering i have never made one before,

well i was told to do 25 spr, then all int, and find int green gear, along with end green gear ( only if i cant find a party and i have to solo )

but i am having the problem of not knowing which spells are AOE and what empowerments i need to do for each spells, right now my mage is lvl 15 and i dont mind restarting over if i fucked her up, so if any one has any information they could give to me, mainly about the spells, it would be awesome.. thanks =)

Yosei 03-28-2008 04:35 PM

Magic burst- damage and cooldown I guess?
nova frost- duration and sp constumption?
inferno- duration(but its bugged atm) and sp consumption

Not sure, I'm not an aoe mage.

faded-moon 03-28-2008 04:44 PM

ok, i wasnt sure since i was going to be a AOE if i should pump +dmg and sp consumption into all of them

faded-moon 03-28-2008 05:30 PM

what lvl do you get nova frost and inferno?

toolrocket 03-28-2008 07:32 PM

you get those spells after 60. I'm only level 56 buti find i use magic burst a lot, and from what i understand, you will continue to use it even when you do get nova and inferno. SO - i'd recommend +dmg, +cooldown on magic burst. IN fact, I'm thinking about buying the CS item and converting 5 SP decrease points from magic BLAST into cooldown for BURST.

Triumph 03-29-2008 02:06 AM

Magic Burst, Frost Nova, Inferno, and Thunder Bolt.

Thunder Bolt isn't released.

Frost Nova and Inferno are first achieved at levels 60 and 67 respectively.

On to the build. Statistically, according to Microsoft Excel, you would require 600 damage per hit in order to allow the 25 points invested into SPR to begin exceed full INT in a build of the same level. However, you will not see this for quite a while. Level 79s are still not doing 600 per hit.

Therefore, I suggest full INT. Empowering Magic Burst isn't necessary, seeing as it's a "filler" spell similar to Magic Missile 1. However, I suggest empowering Inferno with 5 points in cooldown - it knocks off some 10 seconds off the cooldown, which is handy.

Other empowerments:

Magic Blast - 5 damage.
Fire Ball - 5 damage.

That's it. Maybe 5 points into cooldown for Chain Casting. But that's in the distant future, no need to worry about it now.

This style emphasizes heavy damage and moderate SP consumption. Best used with full INT. And it's just a suggestion, not rules to live by.

faded-moon 03-29-2008 02:54 AM

so only cool down for inferno? nothing into nova or anything else into inferno?

Triumph 03-29-2008 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faded-moon (Post 116751)
so only cool down for inferno? nothing into nova or anything else into inferno?

Frost Nova is 15 seconds by default. Adding points to damage only increases the damage really by 20-50. And when you're doing 400 a hit, that damage is insignificant if you Magic Burst as well.

Inferno, on the other hand, is 40 seconds. You can't put points into power for Inferno, so time is what you should go for.

faded-moon 03-29-2008 03:22 AM

what about sp reduction? that useful at all or no?

Ivramire 03-29-2008 03:31 AM

Mages have the highest natural 'mana'-pools

Do you really need to enpower SP-consumption? @.@

I guess maybe for skills that you often use that take a lot of SP,
[Magic Burst maybe?] but that's what SP stones are for.