Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   FiestaWiki (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   North America only? (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25546)

Dezza 01-23-2010 02:41 PM

North America only?

Being in Europe, I have to now play on Gamigo's version of Fiesta, and there are some differences, such as "Honeyings" are called "Honeybandits".

What are the rules for the wiki regarding these differences? Can a note be made that the data comes from the EU version, with redirects for things with different names for example, or do we stick purely with North American data?

Ivramire 01-23-2010 03:21 PM

I believe that we stick with Outspark's version for the info. The German-language server for example had a wiki-site made for it in German and they asked if they could take some data from here. I would then assume that there's wikis for the other Gamigo-hosted languages.

Dezza 01-23-2010 07:08 PM

There is, but none as good as this one :)

Triumph 01-23-2010 07:36 PM

Currently, we are at approximately 5.991.307 views, as of this post. Our view-to-edit ratio is 242.46, which is extremely high. This means that there are less edits coming in, but significant amounts of viewing traffic.

You're welcome to contribute data, though I believe that data should remain as found in the North American version. We are a bit understaffed, so separate entries for EU versions of the game may be possible once a larger user base is built, or if enough EU users are present.

roxybudgy 03-22-2010 04:50 AM

long-time lurker, first-time poster :p

MapleStory also has multiple localisations, and yet fans of MapleStory are able to create a wiki that has information that is relevant to everyone.

What we could do, for example, on the article about a mob, if there is a difference in mob name, then why not put both? Such as:

US: Honeying
EU: Honeybandit

Surely having one extra bit of info isn't going to hurt? I would love to help edit the wiki, but since I play on the EU server (quit the US server because my friends can't play on it with me T.T) I'm not sure if I would be allowed to add information about the EU version to the wiki.

aramil001 03-22-2010 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roxybudgy (Post 407513)
long-time lurker, first-time poster :p

MapleStory also has multiple localisations, and yet fans of MapleStory are able to create a wiki that has information that is relevant to everyone.

What we could do, for example, on the article about a mob, if there is a difference in mob name, then why not put both? Such as:

US: Honeying
EU: Honeybandit

Surely having one extra bit of info isn't going to hurt? I would love to help edit the wiki, but since I play on the EU server (quit the US server because my friends can't play on it with me T.T) I'm not sure if I would be allowed to add information about the EU version to the wiki.

Triumph makes the point, as bolded above.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triumph (Post 400283)
Currently, we are at approximately 5.991.307 views, as of this post. Our view-to-edit ratio is 242.46, which is extremely high. This means that there are less edits coming in, but significant amounts of viewing traffic.

You're welcome to contribute data, though I believe that data should remain as found in the North American version. We are a bit understaffed, so separate entries for EU versions of the game may be possible once a larger user base is built, or if enough EU users are present.

I would also like to mention that maintaining a wiki is hard. Also adding a little detail to every single monster would take a lot of time. Triumph also states that if there was more EU member's the wiki would be updated... Maybe a suggestion would be to update the wiki yourself?

roxybudgy 03-22-2010 05:12 PM

I guess I should've been a little more clear.

Yes, I read what Triumph said, which gave me the impression that he wanted to keep the wiki US only or something. And it's not clear what he meant by "more EU users". Does he mean wiki editors or viewers/readers in general?

But yeah, I am offering to go through and add info relating to the EU version of Fiesta. I'm just worried about messing with templates and things, plus I'm just a level 37 atm, so I can pretty much only fill in information up to that point.

aramil001 03-22-2010 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roxybudgy (Post 407617)
I guess I should've been a little more clear.

Yes, I read what Triumph said, which gave me the impression that he wanted to keep the wiki US only or something. And it's not clear what he meant by "more EU users". Does he mean wiki editors or viewers/readers in general?

But yeah, I am offering to go through and add info relating to the EU version of Fiesta. I'm just worried about messing with templates and things, plus I'm just a level 37 atm, so I can pretty much only fill in information up to that point.

hmm I think that he meant staff for the site in general... Also if I sounded rude, I did not mean to be.:nahnah:

Yosei 03-23-2010 01:56 AM

Yes he meant the site. Maplestory is a rather old f2p MMO, it's larger than Fiesta, and has been around much longer. So there was probably a lot of time for people to get around to contributing to their wiki, whether it was fansite owned or company owned.

Not to mention, the US version of Fiesta has been out longer than the European version. If I recall, this wiki was even started before beta.

But so far, all or most of the wiki updaters are players of the fiestawiki are US players, so they most likely lack knowledge of the European server.

Triumph 03-23-2010 09:54 PM

To my understanding, there is not a significant number of EU players visiting the wiki. However, I will green-light the EU contributions, so long as said edits are noted as belonging to the EU sector. If you have technical questions regarding formatting or editing, please message me on the forums.