Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fighter (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   BK Axes (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16761)

Spirit 01-12-2009 02:27 AM

BK Axes

Do not mean to sound like a noob, but can someone please explain the hype over them?

I realize the damage is good, but they are all statless. Would it be better to work with a lvl 80 Axe with stats vs. a BK Axe without stats?

What do you guys think/have to say about them?

Loveless 01-12-2009 02:50 AM

They also have higher aim... and would be ideal in places like BR and beyond where the mobs have higher evasion. I would suppose that if you find a godly 80 axe (high STR/DEX) then it would be almost as good as a BK axe... not quite sure.

Miriamele 01-12-2009 05:20 AM

BK axe:
Dmg: 822-1140
Aim: 500
Crit rate: 7%
Atk rate: 1.5s

NPC lv 80 axe:
Dmg: 613-850
Aim: 272
Crit rate: 5%
Atk rate: 1.5s

Green lv 80 axe, your mileage may vary.

So the BK axe has almost twice the aim of the NPC axe, higher crit rate, and higher dmg. Good for pvp and high-evade mobs.

I suppose it depends on what you look for in your equips. BK's worth it if you're a DD or you are willing to sacrifice an axe with stats. Str and dex ultimately work toward dmg and aim, so I think it would be fine to pick a BK over an axe with those stats. It might be possible that, say a str +40 axe could come close to matching the dmg of a BK, but I'm pretty sure the amount of dex needed to match the BK's aim exceeds +40. Not to mention the increased crit rate...

The only other reason that might be possible for not choosing a BK is if you absolutely insist that your axe have end or spr. But I'm an end junkie and I've already decided to use BK over a high-end 80 axe, just because the good things about it outweigh the fact that it has no stats. So I personally think BK is better.

a.L 01-12-2009 07:03 AM

I'm pretty sure 1 DEX = 1 point in aim.

ZeroZone 01-12-2009 10:20 AM

It covers for Fighter Aim weakness.... And give them more damage to throw around also..... but the main part is... it covers fighters weakness making archers even more useless in pvp cuz they cant dodge Axe fighters no more

Shiirn 01-27-2009 04:22 PM

BK axes give an insane amount of damage compared to a regular axe. +9, the bk axe can deal up to 400-500 more dmg (in character stats) then a lv 80 +9 axe.

If you're using an axe, you want damage. If you want stats, carry around a lv 80 1h/shield combo with the stats you want.

BK axe. 80 1h/shield. That's the way to go.

Sir_Jacob 02-09-2009 01:32 PM

as stated above, BK kicks some major *** with its high dmg, aim, and crit rate. If you use sc (and most people do by that lvl) the extras to those stats make you even more godly than normal. +9 on Bk axe is like 800-900 (i forget) and the lvl 80 axe is about 1-200 less than that. It really does make a difference in the long run.

But, you must remember that they will be raising the capp soon, so once that happens, it is possible that they make lvl 85 axes w/ stats, but I could be wrong. Either way, BK obviously has its advantages and if you are wanting stats such as end or spr, than u would probably be more likely to be using a 1h and shield.

THat is all.

Ethelinde 02-10-2009 06:09 AM

BK Axes completely wreck anything for the wielder :D even if the 80 axe is maxed out in all stats it would still be the suprior weapon by far. IMO the only other BK weapon that can give the user similar advantage = BK wand, which shreds axe fighters (esp. none-sc users). Anything else is no match up to this point (until hellgait).