Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fighter (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Pure SPR build...best balanced build ~~~ READ THIS FIGHTERS (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4679)

inchai 01-23-2008 01:28 AM

Pure SPR build...best balanced build ~~~ READ THIS FIGHTERS

I am just wondering...why a pure SPR build is not viable for fighters. I see builds about everything but this.

I am a 2 hand axe fighter and i am pure SPR...i am level 40 so far and with
+45 SPR i get +7% crit, 225 SP and magic defense. Let me tell you, i crit more often than I even thought I would. Even though you only get .1 % crit for each free stat after 25, at lv79, you would have over 10% crit, loads more SP (which we need more than ever) and MAGIC defense.

Fighters have very few weaknesses, one being SP and the other being magic defense. Our strength, defense and HP are already on par and with gear really don't change much from one fighter to another. With scrolls, our AIM and Evasion are also on par.

Now with full SPR and magic defense scroll, our magic defense will also now be way better than other builds. This helps for those magic mobs who seem to hit SO hard...but with SPR it cuts it down so much...also for PVP, mages now wont be hitting you as hard and you can get to them...stun...2h axe spam and its over.

I just believe pure SPR builds for a 2h fighter are so much better than full STR or 25 SPR / STR builds.

At lv40 I have 20% crit ( 7% Free stat, 8% weapon, and 5% spark outfit) . At 79 this would be above 20%... with a +9 lv70 or higher axe...your damage is already so high i don't think the +STR free stats really will make a noticable difference.

I am not saying pure SPR build is the best build, but i feel as if I am the most balanced in every field now with no major weakness ...i am on par on STR, DEX, Defense, SP (pool) , and MAGIC defense.

Can anybody else tell me how this build has any flaws except for the fact that i might not be doing top damage, or able to take the most damage, but I am right in the middle with everything with no weakness in any area.

MikeyG 01-23-2008 05:54 AM

yeah but having health is pretty helpful for a tank

Yosei 01-23-2008 05:57 AM

My fighter had SP in its build, but it wasnt dominant.

Sheya 01-23-2008 08:11 AM

Well Im sure Star gonna post soon... but Ill give a go at it haha.
You build is your and yours alone but some of those weakness you were asking for are as follows:
Minimum hp/def/blockrate
Minimum damage as far as single hits....
Yes the extra sp and magic defense is nice but mainly fighters arent tanking magic dealers. They are usually chasing them if anything or running. Because of the lack of either one of these other traits your gonna have difficult time tanking multiple mobs in higher lvls and probably gonna be stuck soloing a lot. Unless you enhance your armor and/or buy stated armor.
There is more but Im sure Star will cover it he is good at that.

inchai 01-23-2008 12:45 PM

im talking about a 2hand fighter mostly

obviously for a tank i dont think this would be the right build

but I solo more often then not so I dont worry about tanking, i want to kill the mob as fast as i can

with an axe and as high crit as i have they go down in 2-3 hits, with crits 2 at most

and i think gear would help cover the minimum HP / defense etc because free stats does not cover all those aspects.

in wars, this would really help getting close to those mages and archers

vs clerics your dmg is so high with crits , with stuns you can deal through their heals

rokaraged 01-23-2008 01:02 PM

This build is not really balanced at all
It has very minimal defensive power so expect to die alot and to be pretty lacking when it comes to aoe parties.
One of your points is that the spr increase magic defense....but by how much?

45 points of spr = 22-23points of magic defense?...How helpful is that?...WORTHLESS. Regardless of how many points you throw into this stat mages WILL hit hard. At most your saving urself of 50 points of damage.

Now this build i only see as a DD
It should have some good progress in GWS ATLEAST.

inchai 01-23-2008 01:44 PM

^^

thats all i am really worried about anyway

like ive said before, this is for a DD fighter (2 hand) not a tank

and for GW's...this is the spec no?

and it only add minimal magic defense...but when it comes to free stats...you only get +250 HP , minimal defense, and some blocking (worthless if your a 2h) , free stat dex is worthless since you can replace with scroll, free stat STR ups your base damage so you are doing what? 75 or so more damage a swing?

All the free stats really do not make or break your character, they all add very MINIMAL bonuses. Just because a tank goes full END with free stat does not mean he will tank better than the fighter next to him who is full STR and has better +END gear.

So what i am saying is if i went pure +SPR for the crit, SP and magic defense
my gear would cover me on END and STR which fighters need.

How is that not balanced for a DD fighter?

rokaraged 01-23-2008 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inchai (Post 76744)
^^

thats all i am really worried about anyway

like ive said before, this is for a DD fighter (2 hand) not a tank

and for GW's...this is the spec no?

and it only add minimal magic defense...but when it comes to free stats...you only get +250 HP , minimal defense, and some blocking (worthless if your a 2h) , free stat dex is worthless since you can replace with scroll, free stat STR ups your base damage so you are doing what? 75 or so more damage a swing?

All the free stats really do not make or break your character, they all add very MINIMAL bonuses. Just because a tank goes full END with free stat does not mean he will tank better than the fighter next to him who is full STR and has better +END gear.

So what i am saying is if i went pure +SPR for the crit, SP and magic defense
my gear would cover me on END and STR which fighters need.

How is that not balanced for a DD fighter?

Well the title said balanced build so i assumed you were talking balanced in general but not just in DD.

Str makes a signifcant bonus actually in the long run. Str adds to weapon damage so if a full str makes about 75 extra damage a swing but 150 damage if its a crit and grows pretty quickly over time.

Of course stats wouldn't break a character but those stats do help quite a bit regardless and i never said spr would break your character. In the long run though were talking about level 60+ (you get 30 stat points if i'm correct from lvl 60 quest) your free stat points begin to make a signifcant difference.

My gist from my previous post is, it'll be a bish to level that character unless you buy full licensed items. Then it'll just be 100 times easier if you weren't a crit build.... Expect to solo...ALOT

Understand i wasn't shooting down your build anyway. SPR atm gives the most beneifit out all of the stats but they do get thier leeway later.....

-Leona- 01-23-2008 02:34 PM

Quote:

Well Im sure Star gonna post soon... but Ill give a go at it haha.

LoLz, u know me Sheya ^^.

Well as far as i heard, and as far as i can imagine a full spr build WORKS pretty much identical to a full Str build. Due to really high critical rate this class is also great in PvP and if u get a shield and 1h for tanking occasions u will be fine. THERE is a very high probablity this BUILD is the best PvP build due to the fact that is becomes a mage hunting class and WE ALL KNOW mages after level 60 HIT REALLY REALLY hard :).

inchai 01-23-2008 02:44 PM

my focus is going to be mostly PVP

^^ thank you for your input I studied all the stats and this was just something I noticed but never read about.

I think I am going to stick with pure SPR :p

AngellicDiety 01-24-2008 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Leona- (Post 76762)
LoLz, u know me Sheya ^^.

Well as far as i heard, and as far as i can imagine a full spr build WORKS pretty much identical to a full Str build. Due to really high critical rate this class is also great in PvP and if u get a shield and 1h for tanking occasions u will be fine. THERE is a very high probablity this BUILD is the best PvP build due to the fact that is becomes a mage hunting class and WE ALL KNOW mages after level 60 HIT REALLY REALLY hard :).

Mages hit hard, but when it comes to PVP 1 on 1, archers are your worst damage dealing opponites.

They have:
1) More HP than a mage
2) More physical defense than a mage
3) More evasion than a mage
4) More physical damage than a fighter given a period of time.

Level 60 is when archers begin shining as a 1-opponite heavy damage dealing class.

They have the ability to drop their attack rate, coupled with the fact that fully empowered power and aimed shots really hurt! Their poisions quickly drain your hp (given the fact that they can give you two or three hp-draining poisions, bleeds, etc)

As for a full SPR build.

Its effective, yes.

Is it practical? Possibly.

Is it expensive? definitely.

I tell everyone this, its not your stats at all, its the armour and rings you place on your character. Your build adds a nice little bonus - though there is no real advantage to going deep into 1 stat as the rate % added gets reduced at a certain point, which makes no sense as there is no reward to going pure SPR/END/DEX.

With a full SPR build you will need good armour, green possibly, and enhanced if you wish to be able to take a few hits. In guild wars you may be useful against mages, and you may be able to critical more, however full SPR/STR fighters using stock armour will not be able to take very many hits.

As a full STR/SPR fighter you will need to be spending more silver enhancing your armour to meet up for the lack of extra hp. More money out of your bank account if you wish not to fail enhancing.

With good items any build works. People may laugh at full-INT fighters, but its going to be funny who has the last laugh when it comes time to use "eradicate." A fully empowered eradicate may possibly be better than power-hit. Dealing both physical and magical damage is just too much for any other class.

They'll either be lacking defense or magic defense (with the exception of clerics....:()

Romeo 01-24-2008 07:29 AM

Building a character from scratch, you'd be looking for the best LEVELING alternative, and not PVP. That normally goes for every game you play out there, you're not looking for the most elitist build but the build that would get you up there fast so you'll be able to decide what you want.
After all, it's obvious that a level 100 with a pure INT build would beat a level 20 with the bestest build out there.

This is what I recommend for everyone that wants to level up:

At level 1-20 you'd best go full END to survive KQs, quests which would be your main source of experience unless you're a lucky bastard that gets power leveled at Uruga or CP. (Meaning you'll have 20 END by the time you hit 20 before your advancement)
Then after your advancement at level 20, you'll have 5 stats points to distribute and a FREE weapon of your choice which would be the 1 handed sword, 2 handed sword or the axe.

Put the stat points into SPR from now on from because from now on you'll have to be dependent on skills and not on swings, so pick up a 2 handed weapon to try it out, I recommend axe because axe is the highest damaging out of all 3.

From then on you want 25 SPR and after you get that, you can either continue END or start building STR.

-Leona- 01-25-2008 01:58 PM

Quote:

Building a character from scratch, you'd be looking for the best LEVELING alternative, and not PVP. That normally goes for every game you play out there, you're not looking for the most elitist build but the build that would get you up there fast so you'll be able to decide what you want.
After all, it's obvious that a level 100 with a pure INT build would beat a level 20 with the bestest build out there.
Romeo PvP are the most fun way in MMO after u get to a high level cuz leveling becomes so darn boring, and if u think DD fighters can't level fast than well, start researching more pal.

ALSO distributing your free stats isn't such a good idea, although there are some people that will go for 3 stats and work wonders, is better to pick just 2 and stick with those since the bonuses will be more noticeable.

Up until level 20 your build does NOT MATTER, after that u start going into the secrets of aoe etc, and that is when your build slowly starts making a difference :).

Romeo 01-25-2008 10:55 PM

You miss my point Leona, you want to level the hell up before you go into a DD PVP build. Also, I'm not saying DD fighters can't level fast, but it'd be more expensive then if they duo their stats with END.

I'm telling you the BEST leveling alternative.

-Leona- 01-26-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

You miss my point Leona, you want to level the hell up before you go into a DD PVP build. Also, I'm not saying DD fighters can't level fast, but it'd be more expensive then if they duo their stats with END.

I'm telling you the BEST leveling alternative.

U R WRONG AGAIN ^^. If u gonna start giving me THE BEST LEVELING ALTERNATIVE, let me give u my opinion CUZ DEFINETELY THAT IS YOUR OPINION

25spr & rest Str, and u act as main tank, u deal more damage giving a lil extra something to help the mages with the damage.

U might say "BUT DD fighters can't tank" WROOOOOOONG. I myself am a fighter that has NO FREE stats distributed in END, and from items i only get 40 END (rings and pants). YET MY DEFENCE tops 1200 when i have a shield on (without using cash shop buffs). THEREFORE i tanked 11 ancient stonies and 2 demon elfes in FoS when i was level 67.

SO DON"T COME here saying "I'm telling you the BEST leveling alternative", because in fact there is no BEST OR PERFECT build, there are just opinions and a person should have fun with his/her character. AND believe it or not when u get to a really high level and u go into a war and can't deal good damage u'll be like "OH NO, i suck :("

Spirit 01-26-2008 03:39 PM

I think it is safe to say that everyone has their own prefernece. It does not mean that one person is right and oner perosn is wrong. It all depends on your playing style and what you like.

Romeo 02-02-2008 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Leona- (Post 78535)
U R WRONG AGAIN ^^. If u gonna start giving me THE BEST LEVELING ALTERNATIVE, let me give u my opinion CUZ DEFINETELY THAT IS YOUR OPINION

25spr & rest Str, and u act as main tank, u deal more damage giving a lil extra something to help the mages with the damage.

U might say "BUT DD fighters can't tank" WROOOOOOONG. I myself am a fighter that has NO FREE stats distributed in END, and from items i only get 40 END (rings and pants). YET MY DEFENCE tops 1200 when i have a shield on (without using cash shop buffs). THEREFORE i tanked 11 ancient stonies and 2 demon elfes in FoS when i was level 67.

SO DON"T COME here saying "I'm telling you the BEST leveling alternative", because in fact there is no BEST OR PERFECT build, there are just opinions and a person should have fun with his/her character. AND believe it or not when u get to a really high level and u go into a war and can't deal good damage u'll be like "OH NO, i suck :("

With full END, you could be tanking up to 20 ancient stonies, and damn if you want to deal damage, play a mage or a hunter.

-Leona- 02-04-2008 01:55 PM

Quote:

With full END, you could be tanking up to 20 ancient stonies, and damn if you want to deal damage, play a mage or a hunter.
DUDE of course a full end will tank more than full str LOLz but your point is totally stupid (sorry for the expression) first of all u can't gather 20 stonies so your point is POINTLESS. When i tanked 13 of them at once almost 2 spots were empty and for your info lil BOY A. Stonies won't follow u much ^^.

And again Fighter can deal damage and in a matter of one monster at a time no class will outdamage the fighter. ALSO maybe some people want to deal damage while withstanding damage but i guess u totally missed that point.

I dont' know how exp u r with fiesta but i would tend to say u need a lot more to learn before coming on a forum and say things like "THE PERFECT BUILD IS" because there is no such thing as perfection.

SIDE NOTE: in case u didn't know FIESTA doesn't have a class called Hunter LoLz, is called ARCHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER.

Sheya 02-05-2008 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romeo (Post 83184)

Haha I could only wish...lol no matter how much in end you are without +9 armor there no way you can take that many on....even if there were that many in the zone. Second It would be impossible to keep the aggro so it would be totally pointless for you to tank this many.....Yeah Im pure end but without the enhanced armor no way in hell tank that many....I wouldnt even try...cause I dont like my party memeber dieing.

AngellicDiety 02-05-2008 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romeo (Post 83184)

If you believe tanking is soo important, you should know the best way to keep monster aggrivation is to deal the most damage.

If you dont deal enough damage to those 20 stonies then you'll have some very angry party members.

At some point mock simply isn't enough. Exspecially when you have mages level 67+. If you dont keep the stonie stunned, and if the mages do not kill fast enough - regardless of your level of mock, you will loose aggro.

The best tanking fighters deal enough damage to keep aggrivation. If you deal at least 15-20% of the damage on a monster, you'll be nearly guaranteed to keep its aggrivation regardless of whether the others deal more.

Furthermore mock has a limit of how many monsters it can possibly aggrivate. 20 is way beyond its limit.

Full-end fighters cannot tank 20 without enhanced armour.

NotMyWay 02-06-2008 06:41 AM

There is nothing wrong with a player who chooses to be a near-range damage dealer. It is a matter of personal preference. A particular build may suit one player, but not everyone will like that build.

I dont know about full spr, i've only know of a few people with that build but there doesnt seem to be any problem with it, (otherwise, they wouldnt have been able to reach lv 5x would they?).