Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mage (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   "end" on mages finally has a use (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29456)

Scottlee38 04-12-2011 12:07 PM

"end" on mages finally has a use

for mages many will say: 25 spr rest int or full int. lets say a person like this uses sparkcrack and you cant escape them, what then? well spr will protect you from M.dmg but wont matter if you dont have hp to spare. give yourself 25 end (half of the bonus) for the hp boost and a defense extra. as for spr 60 will give crit rate and M.def. then decide between dex and int. mages already have jacked up int, you may just want to find a sunset and put points into dex for an even more likely crit.

MikeyG 04-18-2011 04:50 PM

K are you just pulling things out your ass now for post count? End on free stat is useless for ANY DD.

And you do realize that after 25 SPR you stop gaining the crit boost? Or it's like .001..

Yosei 04-18-2011 04:58 PM

I haven't played in years, but that doesn't sound right to me. If I recall, END counts for less on mages as opposed to fighters and clerics. Not to mention, sparkcashed mages have that and then some.

You'd basically be relying on crits with little damage, even then it's not like they aren't smart enough to prepare for an onslaught of mage damage which is expected to be more with an INT or INT/SPR mage, but will actually be less than expected since this build you are suggesting, does not benefit their damage.

It calls for a little more survivability, and more crit, but that's it. No damage, and with no damage, a mage is dead. A mages tactic is distance and just pure brute m-damage that is meant to burn people down.

Loveless 04-18-2011 05:20 PM

Free-stat END gives shield block % which has no use for any class without a shield. You're not getting full potential out of the stat therefore you should be focusing on something else.

Like I said before... I think you should just quit cause it seems you won't get very far with the game and will end up ragequitting anyway. Just my honest opinion here.

RayRay 04-18-2011 05:38 PM

lol that mage build got to be the dumbest thing ive seen try runescape.

Hraesvelg 04-18-2011 06:25 PM

This build has nothing on my full INT fighter.

MikeyG 04-19-2011 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg (Post 440188)
This build has nothing on my full INT fighter.

-like-

Leesa 04-19-2011 12:21 AM

Errr... a bit more health from END in free stat is completely useless compared to putting those points in INT or SPR. If a mage is gonna die, 25 END isn't saving them any better than more damage would, so might as well just kill them before they do.

Scottlee38 04-19-2011 11:39 AM

what took you all so long to answer? finally. Im coming from the point that one has no access to addict cash

a.L 04-19-2011 12:38 PM

Like the others have said before, END really is pointless in free stat allocation. Say you put in 50 END, you get an additional 250 hp, right? You'll probably only live another second. Not saying END is useless, it's just hell of a lot more efficient to get it from your gears.

If you really want to stand your ground against CS heavy users without using CS yourself, you're going to need some godly-ass gear at the very least. Otherwise, you generally won't be able to stand much of a chance against them.

Scottlee38 04-19-2011 02:50 PM

Hm. your right about the gears, i have those. but the build i list is one of many experimental builds me and a few others went through. Its not suggested unless you are strictly a mage vs mage person. The trick is now to find a way to fight other classes using the build.

25 end has no purpose except for extra hp. defense?? heck no. spr is for the M.def, crit? might as well go crit suit if thats what you are after. after reaching the recommended spr, you have the choice of int or dex for the rest. i may personally go dex because of the annoying trickster class that came out. When you fill your mage with int, how much of it is needed until it becomes unnecessary? If somebody would mark this number for me it would be appreciated. At cap, it looks like the only thing a mage would fear would be archers fighters and mostly other mages. What happens when int mage vs int mage?

Loveless 04-19-2011 03:44 PM

... If I remember correctly you were all about being "non-CS" so if you're going to get a crit suit that contradicts your points.

Again, DEX is also pointless for a Mage. That's what you should be getting from gears not free-stat if you're looking to increase Aim. If you're looking to increase Evasion... sigh, a Mage's base Evasion makes it pointless once again.

There is not cap on INT. Much like the STR class you can always benefit from this free-stat as it adds damage whislt ignoring the enemy m.def in this case.

A good Mage will not have to fear anything if they know how to use their skills right.

Scottlee38 04-19-2011 03:58 PM

Nooooo i didnt mean to use a crit suit i mean if its crit that you are looking for. I also meant level cap as in leveling up. dex isnt completely pointless i used a full dex mage previously without any problems. Dex would be good for aim and nothing else. I dont use SC myself because i dont purchase "wins", blue gears are another story.

MikeyG 04-19-2011 04:19 PM

Seriously stop whining about spark cash. If your not going to take the advice and help given to you, just stop ... because no one here really even plays Fiesta still, so we are not looking for your advice - or your new takes on how to build chars. We're all just trying to help you with the knowledge we already have about the game, so take it or leave it.

Loveless 04-19-2011 05:48 PM

Case and point. You will not win against heavy CS users if you invest in anything other than INT.

Aim should be from gears and scrolls.

Scottlee38 04-19-2011 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loveless (Post 440278)
Case and point. You will not win against heavy CS users if you invest in anything other than INT.

Aim should be from gears and scrolls.

Alright, so my next test will be full int. Thanks Loveless for explaining Kindly. Now im sure you may have used a mage too, so why not give a skill order as if Everybody was equal in gear and Charm? just for me? eh? ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeyG (Post 440269)
Seriously stop whining about spark cash. If your not going to take the advice and help given to you, just stop ... because no one here really even plays Fiesta still, so we are not looking for your advice - or your new takes on how to build chars. We're all just trying to help you with the knowledge we already have about the game, so take it or leave it.

Hmmm I'll take the advice, but i will share my experiments, now you dont have to listen to em. whats your class Mikey?

Leesa 04-19-2011 11:01 PM

Don't double post unless you're in MOS!

There are a lot of good guides for PvP mages on the Outspark forums, too. Many of them include sections for those who can't purchase Sparkcash. You should check it out if you're having problems.

MikeyG 04-20-2011 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottlee38 (Post 440296)

Hmmm I'll take the advice, but i will share my experiments, now you dont have to listen to em. whats your class Mikey?

Mage, Fighter.

Scottlee38 04-20-2011 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leesa (Post 440299)
Don't double post unless you're in MOS!

There are a lot of good guides for PvP mages on the Outspark forums, too. Many of them include sections for those who can't purchase Sparkcash. You should check it out if you're having problems.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeyG (Post 440303)
Mage, Fighter.

Yeah, maybe I'll get to that section and see what they say... Mikey, as a mage what are your threats?

MikeyG 04-20-2011 12:34 AM

Clerics. That was it.

Scottlee38 04-20-2011 01:11 AM

why clerics? stifle never quite clear the heal cycles?

MikeyG 04-20-2011 05:28 AM

High m.def...

Helion 04-20-2011 06:37 AM

I only did pvp a few times on my cleric, and not only did I not get killed (except by the stupid hammer), my only 2 kills happened against mages. The one was a dex build that I took out in 3 hits, the other feared me and tried to take me out before I recovered. One stone and one T4 pot got me through the fear and he was an easy kill. Don't know what his build was, but mine on cleric is Str/Spr/End. If the cleric is any good, they can withstand most players, although a max CS fighter with an axe can take me out any time - can't survive the stun.

Scottlee38 04-20-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeyG (Post 440331)
High m.def...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helion (Post 440336)
I only did pvp a few times on my cleric, and not only did I not get killed (except by the stupid hammer), my only 2 kills happened against mages. The one was a dex build that I took out in 3 hits, the other feared me and tried to take me out before I recovered. One stone and one T4 pot got me through the fear and he was an easy kill. Don't know what his build was, but mine on cleric is Str/Spr/End. If the cleric is any good, they can withstand most players, although a max CS fighter with an axe can take me out any time - can't survive the stun.

These are all reasons i created a cleric with an "end" 25 spr build. I took a look at holyknights, and had nightmares since they live so long. many of them constantly heal along side of their restore skill causing them to heal while under fear, while on top of that they wont chase you they'll take their merry time to heal.

Scottlee38 04-22-2011 03:58 PM

Hey mikeyG, how specifically did your battles with clerics go? were they holy knights?

RayRay 04-22-2011 04:46 PM

me and mikey stoped played after cap went past 79 played a lil into the 80s

MikeyG 04-22-2011 07:40 PM

That's as high as we played on officials anyways.

I would beat 8x fighters in 1v1's on a 69 mage, with +9's ofcourse.

Scottlee38 04-23-2011 07:52 PM

I see.

Aidan_Caster 07-25-2011 02:29 AM

end aint bad on mages who has +9's :)

Pillow 10-29-2011 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a.L (Post 440249)
Like the others have said before, END really is pointless in free stat allocation. Say you put in 50 END, you get an additional 250 hp, right? You'll probably only live another second. Not saying END is useless, it's just hell of a lot more efficient to get it from your gears.

If you really want to stand your ground against CS heavy users without using CS yourself, you're going to need some godly-ass gear at the very least. Otherwise, you generally won't be able to stand much of a chance against them.

+1 and even then if a full int 50% charmed mage comes running at you and you have godly gears i would still say to turn in the other direction and run.....especially if you are 60 spr 25 end or watever the build you are advising is