Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Suggestions, Questions and Feedback (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Get a PM from rcepro advertising an 'Xtrap Killer'? (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6864)

tehfusion 03-28-2008 03:30 AM

Get a PM from rcepro advertising an 'Xtrap Killer'?

1 Attachment(s)
Greetings.

I received this PM on these forums from 'rcepro', advertising an Xtrap bypass 'to help legitimate players'.

Quote:

xtrap workaround now online!
are you having problems with xtrap?, alot of people have the same
problem.
well the folks in the RCEPro Team and have created a working fix to disable X-Trap for Fiesta.
I'm giving players the link to this patcher in good faith (there is no password on the zip file)

please dont use it to bot.
We created this patcher in the interest of legitimate players. so that people can continue to play the
game they love.

i believe at this time its the only working fix so keep it amongst yourself and your legitimate

playing friends.

Here is the download:

<link removed, of course>
view the readme for more information.

good luck. and make sure to share with the fiesta fan community.
-RCEPro Team

It may or may not work (I didn't try it), but various virus scanners definitely detect a trojan. I assume that he (or another account) would have PMed various other people with this, so I decided to just post this as a warning.

Have fun!

-F

booyah8876 03-28-2008 03:31 AM

I already reported.. and Mods are discussing it. =)

Hessah 03-28-2008 03:32 AM

OMG EVIL!

they PM ppl so the mods cant get to them!

i guess they can ban their account...

thx for warning!

Ivramire 03-28-2008 03:32 AM

Might be a automated program PMing everyone on the member list.

Ignore plox, it's probably a malicious program to steal account information.

booyah8876 03-28-2008 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvramire (Post 115956)
Might be a automated program PMing everyone on the member list.

Ignore plox, it's probably a malicious program to steal account information.

OH SHI

*RS flashback*

ew

Hessah 03-28-2008 03:36 AM

i didnt get anything though...

or it hasnt gotten to me yet

Ralath 03-28-2008 03:39 AM

I got it.

Ivramire 03-28-2008 03:41 AM

What's funny is that this is actually one of the better written spam-messages.

Reads like something thats actually legible. Kudos for that at least lol.

Hyper 03-28-2008 03:42 AM

Heh. I got it too.

Apparently I was chosen as "a select few". ex DEE.

Enraya 03-28-2008 03:43 AM

LOL @ lvra
Yeah, I got it too @-@; But I just ignored it, LOL.

Spirit 03-28-2008 03:45 AM

Yepyep - please ignore it. We do not know if it is a safe link or not.

Ralath 03-28-2008 03:47 AM

At first I was kind of excited because it was a PM and I don't get a lot of PMs and then I thought it was Zwivix laughing in my face for stealing my James Bomb 2 Championship again and then I clicked it and it was just some stupid ad.

Lame.

O-mie 03-28-2008 03:50 AM

stupid people are stupid for wasting their time making stupid things xP

Triumph 03-28-2008 04:17 AM

Huh. They PM'ed me twice.

Blaaaaaaaah 03-28-2008 04:21 AM

What time did he send you the latest pm?

Triumph 03-28-2008 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah (Post 116002)
What time did he send you the latest pm?

First: 8:22 PM.
Second: 8:23 PM.

I must've been a test case. Deleted the first, kept the second as evidence.

I just realized this forum still hasn't adapted to Daylight Saving's Time...

O_o

Yay for America and early DST settings.

Hyper 03-28-2008 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triumph (Post 116006)
First: 8:22 PM.
Second: 8:23 PM.

I must've been a test case. Deleted the first, kept the second as evidence.

I just realized this forum still hasn't adapted to Daylight Saving's Time...

O_o

Yay for America and early DST settings.

Do you have it set to automatically switch with DST? I live in CA, which has DST, though I can't remember if the forum was correct. In AZ now, which, oddly, doesn't have DST. Well, it's correct here...

Yay! Spam tester!

booyah8876 03-28-2008 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spirit (Post 115972)
Yepyep - please ignore it. We do not know if it is a safe link or not.

Didn't you read the first post, and look at the attached image?

NOT SAFE

iDerrick 03-28-2008 05:37 AM

I got it too, I was in the process of screening it for you guys but it appears that I saw this thread too late.

NotMyWay 03-28-2008 06:02 AM

I got it too, good thing i didnt open.

Of course, one should be suspicious when the sender only has 1 post count... and he didnt post in MoS and doesnt have a guild either...

rcepro 03-28-2008 09:15 AM

Dont Throw Stones.

this release was packaged with armadillo custom 4.4 which causes a few lesser anti viruses to have false positives. truth is a lot of anti viruses are poorly coded. did you stop to think for a minute why every single one of those anti virus scanners that reported something, reported differently from the next? that would be because, the anti virus doesn't know what the hell the program does. I'm sure they probably don't see a lot of executables that run and inject code into other executables that often for legitimate purposes, but thats how xtrap killer works. it injects code into fiesta when running and that is what causes the real xtrap not to run.

if you don't want the fix don't use it. but you shouldn't accuse it of being malware. if you knew anything about PE packagers you would already know this. I'm sorry that a few ignorant people can ruin it for others.

Team RCEPro writes fixes not malware.

if you want assurance, go back to one of those mass scanning websites you used to mass scan and read the part up top where it says packer.

what does it say? ARMADILLO go figure.
maybe you should do a google search on false postives due to executable packers?

false positive GG.

Blaaaaaaaah 03-28-2008 09:34 AM

Virus or not, you are not allowed send mass spam member's pm boxes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keetos
Do not spam people’s topics or their PM box (Mountain of Spam is only exception)
- Spam includes advertisements, content deemed inappropriate or illegal, and flooding of the boards
- Spam stands for Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages, so do not post topics that fall under the categories of: stupid, pointless, or annoying.

http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/anno...nt.php?f=6&a=1

Plus, we do not promote file modding of any type to Fiesta on FiestaFan, and that includes disabling X-Trap.

Do not do it again.

iDerrick 03-28-2008 09:41 AM

Bring out the steak and A1 Blahs!

NotMyWay 03-28-2008 12:55 PM

I still wouldnt trust it, firstly, a reputable(?) company would post a link to their website. Secondly, there are some typos, grammar, and punctuation errors, which shows me that whatever company this is, its definately NOT a professional one. Thirdly, do a google search for "RCEPro", and you will not find any official webpage. You will, however, find some junk, among which is something written in a foreign language and with caps.

tehfusion 03-28-2008 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcepro (Post 116226)
<long retarded rant here>

I'm not stupid, as you apparently are - did you read my first post? I was accusing nothing, I specifically said that it may or may not work. I was merely warning that it detects a virus, which it indeed does.

Having said that, I still think it probably is. For the reasons NotMyName gave.

NotMyWay 03-28-2008 02:47 PM

*NotMyWay

rcepro 03-28-2008 03:04 PM

Professionalism

thats because RCEPro isn't a corporation and I'm not perpetrating like we are one its a group of crackers and coders. the underground scene who bring you cracks for games, and fixes. That is why we have no website. nor does any real cracker group. its to protect the safety of the members. because releases can violate terms of service and often do.

you people are far too self righteous so i give up. cant even help you close minded people. which was my original intent

once again tehfusion, you are too stupid/immature to even comprehend?
just because i virus scanner goes of it doesn't mean i file is in fact a virus
the only shoddy virus scanners that say anything, said all different things.
they simply cant understand the nature of a program, which granted on an asm level may look malicious due to the fact that it injects code into another executable's memory space, not something a lot of programs do.
so due to the fact that the a/v doesn't understand, it just goes. oh this must be some kind of generic trojan or something! doh!

it was an attempt to help free fiesta players who were stuck unable to play fiesta due to xtrap, but once again ignorance wins.

have it your way. keep x-crap.
ill still have the fix for anyone who needs it, but wont try to offer it to people. if you need the fix please be mature and don't presume to tell me what i am doing!

Rightclaw 03-28-2008 03:37 PM

rcepro, the point is not whether or not you're helping people, it's the lengths that you went to do so. You spammed people's inbox without knowing whether or not they wanted it, which goes against the rule that Blaaaaah's posted. *cough*

Anyway, I'm gonna go ahead and lock this thread because this issue is already solved. PM a mod or make a thread in the Talk With Mods section if you recieve any more PMs from rcepro.