Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mature Discussions (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Teens Sentenced for putting Puppy in an oven (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14237)

Phantom Badger 10-18-2008 05:06 PM

Teens Sentenced for putting Puppy in an oven

Source:
http://nathanr.ca/oddly-enough/teens...puppy-in-oven/

This is old But I remember readin it a while ago and whenever I see it I start to cry.
The ******* only got 10 years

Quote:

Atlanta teens killed dog, then threatened children if they told about it
Associated Press
Updated: 8:19 p.m. ET Feb 9, 2007

ATLANTA - Two teenage brothers each were sentenced to 10 years in prison for torturing a puppy by cooking it in an oven.

Joshua Moulder, 17, and Justin, 19, pleaded guilty in January to charges including burglary, criminal damage to property, terroristic threats and cruelty to children.

The brothers brought neighborhood children to see the dead puppy, then threatened to kill them if they reported it, prosecutors said.

Police said they found the dead mixed-breed puppy inside an oven at an apartment community center Aug. 21. Scratch marks were found inside the oven, indicating the puppy had been alive when it was placed inside, prosecutors said.

A necropsy on the 3-month-old dog found its paws and snout had been duct taped and it had been doused with paint before being placed in the oven, prosecutors said.

Authorities also found damaged computers, broken glass and splattered paint on the walls of the newly refurbished community center.

The brothers' first trial ended in a mistrial in December. Their attorney, Timothy Owens, said he had hoped his clients' sentencing would have focused more on rehabilitation than incarceration.
What really annoys me is they'll be out again in 2017.....

Spirit 10-18-2008 05:11 PM

There are no words that I can come up with to express my feelings.

Phantom Badger 10-18-2008 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spirit (Post 244206)
There are no words that I can come up with to express my feelings.

This makes me realise how evil people can be...No evil is too ncie of a word. How Inhuman and demonic people can be, No human can sit there and laugh and watch a Puppy die like that.

Leesa 10-18-2008 06:06 PM

I read about that when I first got my Wii like 2 years ago and wanted to check out the news channel... then I read about it =/ I almost cried it was sooo sad! T.T

Hraesvelg 10-18-2008 06:08 PM

I hope they get much counseling, although I'm not sure you can cure a sociopath.

Vasu 10-18-2008 06:22 PM

I really don't know what to do with people like this guy...death seems like an easy way out, but then life again seems like the most precious thing you can have.... It's a paradox to me.

Phantom Badger 10-18-2008 06:27 PM

Life in jail. Thats what I think. but they only got 10 years

Loveless 10-18-2008 06:49 PM

10 years is too easy. It's not as if they did not know what was right or wrong because they had threatened the children to not tell. Life in jail, maybe not, but perhaps even another 5-10 years would have taught them a lesson.

You can't counsel those who would kill a live puppy.

Phantom Badger 10-18-2008 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loveless (Post 244232)
10 years is too easy. It's not as if they did not know what was right or wrong because they had threatened the children to not tell. Life in jail, maybe not, but perhaps even another 5-10 years would have taught them a lesson.

You can't counsel those who would kill a live puppy.

That wasn't killing. it was torture. But yes people liek that its hard to make them normal again.

Loveless 10-18-2008 07:26 PM

Kill or torture... doesn't change the fact that they did something horrible.

Phantom Badger 10-18-2008 08:26 PM

Very true, I believe they deserve the death sentence

Hraesvelg 10-18-2008 08:51 PM

So you're advocating killing someone for killing something? Do you think that is the reasonable response, or are you allowing your emotions to play into your decision?

Belaslav 10-18-2008 09:13 PM

Whoa, that is so... insane.

F*cked up idiots.

Phantom Badger 10-19-2008 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg (Post 244255)
So you're advocating killing someone for killing something? Do you think that is the reasonable response, or are you allowing your emotions to play into your decision?

Humans are a species of animal that has evolved. Just because of that people assume we are higher rank than animals and 'above' them. I remember when i first found this on another forum I made a really good post...Ill try to find it later xD
If you think about it. They took a life. Just because it is an animal's life you think they deserve less punishment ? Animals too can feel pain. If it's a quick death like lethal injection fair enough (unless ofcourse it's a vet and he does it out of mercy) but torturing a Puppy and making it feel such pain, imagine what it must be like,
Your hands tied aswell as your nose covered in tape, you're covered in paint and being baked alive as the sides of the oven slowely melt your insides, imagine the pain and suffering of trying to escape but you cant because moving only makes it worse and your hands are tied up. And the people who have done it are sitting there watching you laughing and then bringing children in to observe the body before thretening to kill them.

If you think about what pain that poor puppy had to go through I think they deserve death.

Hraesvelg 10-19-2008 08:31 AM

I wasn't trying to say that a human life is worth more than an animal life. I was wondering why you think it is acceptable to end the life of a living being, when in fact it is the same action you abhor in the first place. At what point does ending the life of a living being become acceptable and just?

Vasu 10-19-2008 08:33 AM

^ I think Hrae wasn't really emphasising the animal bit, I think he was just asking if you thought death for death was reasonable.

And no way, life in jail means my tax goes to them. Either they die, or they get set on a desert island with no means of food or living except what's growing there :devil:.

EDIT: Hraesvelg got there before me. D:

Phantom Badger 10-19-2008 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg (Post 244395)
I wasn't trying to say that a human life is worth more than an animal life. I was wondering why you think it is acceptable to end the life of a living being, when in fact it is the same action you abhor in the first place. At what point does ending the life of a living being become acceptable and just?

Sorry I guess I misunderstood XP
But I guess it's my belief that people who kill should in turn be killed. Even if it just adds to the bloodshed, I dunno. It's kinda like Religeon people believe one thing and often wont change their minds ^^

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vasu (Post 244396)
^ I think Hrae wasn't really emphasising the animal bit, I think he was just asking if you thought death for death was reasonable.

And no way, life in jail means my tax goes to them. Either they die, or they get set on a desert island with no means of food or living except what's growing there :devil:.

EDIT: Hraesvelg got there before me. D:

BINGO ! :devil::devil:

Hraesvelg 10-19-2008 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackDragonEX (Post 244399)
Sorry I guess I misunderstood XP
But I guess it's my belief that people who kill should in turn be killed. Even if it just adds to the bloodshed, I dunno. It's kinda like Religeon people believe one thing and often wont change their minds ^^
BINGO ! :devil::devil:

Well, at least you're honest in your irrationality.

If I were absolutely positive that our system could determine guilt or innocence with 100% accuracy, I might support a death penalty. As it stands now, I can in no way support it. I would rather a guilty person go free than execute an innocent person. I find that idea completely abhorrent.

http://www.innocenceproject.org/

Ralath 10-20-2008 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vasu (Post 244396)

And you think that your tax money doesn't go to the death penalty? Penalty by death is more costly to taxpayers than life in prison.

viasta 10-20-2008 01:09 AM

.....those motherfuckers.....they don't deserve 10 years in prison, they don't even deserve to be in a prison, they deserve to be in a microwave, duck taped, and with paint doused in them and being cooked to death. To let them feel how the puppy had felt like when it was in the oven.

IcED 10-20-2008 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg (Post 244395)

This is exactly why I don't understand why death penalty is deserved for those boys.

Hates the act killing, but wants these boys killed?
It gives me a mixed message.

The teens did commit the gruesome crime of killing the poor puppy.
But do you think killing the teens would make the puppy more or less alive?

I do think they may deserve something more than 10 years of prison, but I don't think they deserve to be killed.

lamchopz 10-20-2008 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcED (Post 244661)

This is exactly why I don't understand why death penalty is deserved for those boys.

I do think they may deserve something more than 10 years of prison, but I don't think they deserve to be killed.

+1

My first rational act would be "they deserve to die" but on my second thought, I realise they're still young and can still be reformed. Everyone deserves a second chance.

Phantom Badger 10-20-2008 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcED (Post 244661)

Hmm I see your point, But that would also apply to:
Do you think giving the Teens 10 years in prison would make the puppy more or less alive ?

I do see your point though, And this si why people vote on subjects like this before they're put into action because many have their own opinions

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamchopz (Post 244779)
+1

My first rational act would be "they deserve to die" but on my second thought, I realise they're still young and can still be reformed. Everyone deserves a second chance.

I do see your point, and I think after a while I too am agreeing with you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg (Post 244492)
Well, at least you're honest in your irrationality.

If I were absolutely positive that our system could determine guilt or innocence with 100% accuracy, I might support a death penalty. As it stands now, I can in no way support it. I would rather a guilty person go free than execute an innocent person. I find that idea completely abhorrent.

http://www.innocenceproject.org/

So lemme get this straight, you'd rather a Guilty person go free and maybe kill 5~10 people than one or two innocents be killed in the process ?
I do see what you mean though. I'm trying not to start a flame war here

I think now that it's been a few days and I've calmed down they shouldn't get the death penalty, but alot more than 10 years

Hraesvelg 10-20-2008 08:50 PM

The idea of a government killing an innocent for any reason is completely reprehensible. Like I said, if a system were in place that would be 100% accurate, I might consider the idea of a death penalty. However, the system is being run by human beings who are not 100% accuracte. It can't be.

And yes, I would rather a guilty person be free rather than an innocent person killed. There should be no collateral damage in the law.

Ralath 10-20-2008 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackDragonEX (Post 244916)
So lemme get this straight, you'd rather a Guilty person go free and maybe kill 5~10 people than one or two innocents be killed in the process ?
I do see what you mean though. I'm trying not to start a flame war here

The difference in that statement is that a guilty person isn't necessarily going to kill 5-10 more people. But there is no doubt in what is going to happen when you subject an innocent person to the death penalty.

cillia 10-30-2008 09:39 AM

T_______________T
all i can say for the poor puppy.

*_______________________* EVILLLL PEOPLEEEEEE
all i can say for those guys.

;_; poor puppy!!!!!!!

Hessah 10-30-2008 09:48 AM

Hmm sorry to go off topic... but if u guys feel for the puppy...

how about this guy that raped a 18 & 19 year old couple (both of them), and they fell from the balcony trying to escape... the girl died at the scene and the guy is in critical condition... and most likely paralised...

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...956136465.html

I'm sooo bothered by this story.. firstly its in Sydney, with people thats relatively close to my age.. and... just the memory that the guy has to live with when he recovers..

cillia 10-30-2008 10:09 AM

D: such depressing stories..

;___; poor couple!!!

Hessah 10-30-2008 10:31 AM

They were both found naked below the balcony...

I cant get over how crude some human being can be......... the offender is only 26... he's only 2 yrs older than me...

Blaaaaaaaah 10-30-2008 10:52 AM

Man... mum told me the story but I didn't read it until now. I wonder where the couple lived?

Hessah 10-30-2008 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah (Post 248705)
Man... mum told me the story but I didn't read it until now. I wonder where the couple lived?

Waterloo, Northern Sydney...

Vasu 10-30-2008 03:40 PM

Some people are just so goddamned weird and stupid. It's amazing really, in a "civilized" world like ours.

Kenryuu 11-01-2008 04:53 AM

so sad.....I can just imagine the puppy trying to scratch its way out of the oven.... *cries* This world is sooo cruel.. :cries: