Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   All the Rage (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Noobs + kq...... (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10958)

AdamK13 07-16-2008 06:00 AM

Noobs + kq......

Mara Pirates kq:

So we're at the part in the middle where you fight Charismatic Mara and Legendary Marlone and I'm in the party with three fighters and another cleric who was lvl 17. Before the rest of us reach Mara and Marlone all three fighters are running ahead. Not only am I surprised that they aren't being attacked by Mara and Marlone, but I'm screaming at the computer screen and pounding on my keyboard, "NOOOOOBSSS!!! GET THE HE** BACK HERE!!!! WE NEED TO KILL MARA AND MARLONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ....... I have anger problems :angel:

anyway, long story short: I leave them for the party with the tank because apparently, they didn't have a cleric.... can't explain that.... they die.... I end up reviving two of them, but I was too late for the third......

ALSO.... (yep, there's a second rant)

I HATE BEING THE ONLY CLERIC IN MARA PIRATES KQ THAT CAN REZ!!!!!!

........ I hate getting:
"REZ ME!!!"
"QUICK! 20 SECONDS LEFT!!!"
"MMMMMEEEEEEDDDDDIIIIIICCCCCCCC!!!!"
and
"uh... I died........."
from all directions when those noobs die!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm screaming at them, "I CAN ONLY REZ ONE PERSON EVERY THIRTY SECONDS!!!!!!!" and then I get, "MEEEEEEEEEEEE NEEEEEXXXXXXXTTTTT!!!!!!" but of course, with my anger problems and mean-ness, I save those people 'till last... usually, it's too late then.... :devil:

... I hope you all have now learned something about me...... :laugh:

:uhoh:

Hessah 07-16-2008 06:09 AM

Screaming at a cleric is never the best way to get what you want.. (heal/rev/buff)

Next is.. if there's not many cleric that can revive then...

MOVE YOUR STUPID A$$ OUT OF MARLONE'S AOE RANGE

which part of "fight behind marlone" do people not understand?

then they yell and scream for rev...

-sigh-

Flowersss 07-16-2008 06:14 AM

I saw this thread title...and I knew you had alot of fantastic words too say LOL!

Loveless 07-16-2008 06:14 AM

I hope... that these people read the guide in the magazine. >.>

AdamK13 07-16-2008 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hessah (Post 190033)
Screaming at a cleric is never the best way to get what you want.. (heal/rev/buff)

Next is.. if there's not many cleric that can revive then...

-sigh-

MY POINT EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!! and I'm not going to start playing Gold Hill until the last minute because I don't particularly like that kq...... my opinon....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flowersss (Post 190054)
I saw this thread title...and I knew you had alot of fantastic words too say LOL!

LOL! Thanks!!!!! I do have a pretty colorful vocabulary... :smile:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loveless (Post 190056)
I hope... that these people read the guide in the magazine. >.>

Gawsh, I do too.... I don't think fiesta can stand another couple characters like me (referring to my anger issues) especially if those people find the same hard-to-get-along-with people I did! :nahnah: ... that and there will be a lot of broken keyboards.... :cheeky:

Andromeda 07-16-2008 06:24 AM

This reminds me of a Mara KQ I did a long time ago

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d5...eenshot223.jpg

4 seconds later

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d5...eenshot225.jpg

Hessah 07-16-2008 06:26 AM

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

notice he's already asked for Rev once XD I dont think taht guy deserves a "clever" fighter title

hey i like that arrow in motion in the 1st pic...

Andromeda 07-16-2008 06:28 AM

After one of the clerics revived him he stood there doing nothing then got killed by Maras AOE again xD. By the end none of the clerics revived him and he had to use one of his hearts to revive himself.

Loveless 07-16-2008 06:36 AM

o__o The only problem with idiots in KQ is that... I lag so bad I can't really chat/yell at them. I want to make a Cleric just so I can laugh at dummy Fighters and when they as for Revives I'll say I haven't learned it yet. Then go revive someone who deserves it. xD

I cannot stand Fighters who do not Mock (<<one of my biggest pet peeves)

Flowersss 07-16-2008 06:43 AM

ROFL! PanicthenYell? Thats the dude that randomly came up too me and asked too be his gf, I totally remember that xD

But LOL@him dieing 4 seconds later!

07-16-2008 07:02 AM

mara kq is full of dumb ass ppl no joke i had to tank mara
on my mage witch is f***ing dumb i must say

Ralath 07-16-2008 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loveless (Post 190127)
I want to make a Cleric just so I can laugh at dummy Fighters and when they as for Revives I'll say I haven't learned it yet. Then go revive someone who deserves it. xD

Hey!

That's why I do!

:cheeky:

07-16-2008 07:12 AM

lol i did that in mara but once i let everyone die cuz they were being
dumb like wen i was on my fighter wen it was 22 ppl wanted me to
tank so i tanked they didnt heal i die then they rev me then i just
wne toff to the side and was like since u dont heal u tank and they
tryed to tank they all died left sept one cleric lvl 18 stayed and we
killed mara just us 2 lol

superalim 07-16-2008 07:24 AM

I thought Gold Hill is better than Mara? For me on my cleric, Mara 90% fails, and on my fighter when lv30 that time, 100% success...

srabble031 07-16-2008 09:36 AM

reminds me of 1 mara kq one fighter insults cleric but when the fighter dies he begs to be rezzed

Sero 07-16-2008 10:13 AM

Quote:

-sigh-

None. You talk to em properly either they don't pay attention or they're just plain stupid... Or watching Happy Tree Friends >_>

And yes nice title. Noobs+KQ... Equals Uber Failure

Ivramire 07-16-2008 10:30 AM

In Mara, it might still be somewhat acceptable to not know what to do. Still level 1x and 2x after all, and just recently got through Job-change.

That you breeze through earlier levels and miss out on game-experience because of the new quests doen't help either.

superalim 07-16-2008 10:46 AM

One funny thing is people will brag about their main character in mara kq sometimes... :sigh:

Sero 07-16-2008 10:59 AM

I hear more bragging in Slime KQ XD

Ralath 07-16-2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

O. M. G.

Does this still work? Because the people in the ONE Mara KQ I did (that was a fail, btw) were convinced that they couldn't get out of the way. =.=

And then the 4 fighters I partied with in Marlone's Hideout said they couldn't do it eiter.

>.>

*rages*

Destrus 07-16-2008 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralath (Post 190236)
O. M. G.

Does this still work? Because the people in the ONE Mara KQ I did (that was a fail, btw) were convinced that they couldn't get out of the way. =.=

And then the 4 fighters I partied with in Marlone's Hideout said they couldn't do it eiter.

>.>

*rages*

it works sometimes but it's not a sure thing anymore. trust me, i tried and i used to always find the spot behind marlone and mara. now it seems kinda random. sometimes i would be fighting mara and she wouldn't hit me at all. even one time when i was tanking she didn't hit me with her aoe. i guess now you just kinda ghotta hope that there's some lag involved that makes it seem like you're not close enough xD.

Lexaeus 07-16-2008 08:50 PM

Yeah I hate being the only cleric who can rev in a kq but I usually just don't rev the ones that always die and beg for a rev b/c they were bragging about their lvl 60 main oooooooooooooooooo. If I am the only cleric I usually am the one who dies b/c I can keep most people alive but be the only one who dies -.- Though I must admit the most annoying thing about that kq is fighters who don't have snearing kick or refuse to tank. Sometimes my mage even tanked once -.- I for one figured out how to play my character after playing my first kq (due to my past experience in playing my Priest in RO)

kirbysprite 07-16-2008 11:13 PM

I've been their but my people were smart... Being the only one to rev is pretty annoying, but kinda funny... I once saw two people dead and I asked if they had any hearts left. Both of them had none, and they both said I had to rev quick... I chose the right person... But yeah, it sometimes is just a pain being the only cleric...

I think GH is better than Mara... I haven't failed GH yet...

Hessah 07-17-2008 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralath (Post 190236)
O. M. G.

>.>

*rages*

it should still work... the last time i played Mara KQ was just before the newest patch.. unless they've done something to it...

but the trick is..

the tanker needs to keep a maximum distance from Mara/Marlone... and then everyone else also keeps a maximum distance at the back of Mara/Marlone...

do u guys understand wat i mean by maximum distance?

not too sure about the Marlone in MCH... i hvnt seen him since my cleric was lvl 29 LOL

Destrus 07-17-2008 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hessah (Post 190488)
it should still work... the last time i played Mara KQ was just before the newest patch.. unless they've done something to it...

but the trick is..

the tanker needs to keep a maximum distance from Mara/Marlone... and then everyone else also keeps a maximum distance at the back of Mara/Marlone...

do u guys understand wat i mean by maximum distance?

not too sure about the Marlone in MCH... i hvnt seen him since my cleric was lvl 29 LOL

i get what you're saying. since it's probably like most aoes they need a target and even though with mara's it looks like the aoe is centered around her, both of theirs is actually centered around teh target. so the tank being as far away as possible means the aoe covers less area behind them, right?

Hessah 07-17-2008 03:48 AM

YUPYUP!!

exactly~

superalim 07-17-2008 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexaeus (Post 190398)
Yeah I hate being the only cleric who can rev in a kq but I usually just don't rev the ones that always die and beg for a rev b/c they were bragging about their lvl 60 main oooooooooooooooooo. If I am the only cleric I usually am the one who dies b/c I can keep most people alive but be the only one who dies -.- Though I must admit the most annoying thing about that kq is fighters who don't have snearing kick or refuse to tank. Sometimes my mage even tanked once -.- I for one figured out how to play my character after playing my first kq (due to my past experience in playing my Priest in RO)

I got a similar problem with yours, but my problem is that Cleric don't bother to heal me.

Just now I wanted to tank for the Robo KQ, everyone seem to agree at the start, so I started tanking, the monsters started to hit harder and cleric started to ignore me, so I started using stones and potions, oo well... When i tanking the DPS, it owned me because I can't use stones and potions fast enough and none of the cleric bothers to heal me, the clerics in the other parties said that they are healing their party member i accept, but my party, 2 clerics? None wanted to heal me? I got up and lose interest in tanking anymore. They manage to get throught everything until the part where runners are needed, I just walk around watching death until finally I am and then Fail , Hurray! I witnessed the greatest KQ.

lamchopz 07-18-2008 05:39 PM

lol

it's ok. xD

i was there, too. was still kinda fun... running and all. =]

hope it'll be better next time ^^

secbro20 07-18-2008 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loveless (Post 190127)
o__o The only problem with idiots in KQ is that... I lag so bad I can't really chat/yell at them. I want to make a Cleric just so I can laugh at dummy Fighters and when they as for Revives I'll say I haven't learned it yet. Then go revive someone who deserves it. xD

I cannot stand Fighters who do not Mock(<<one of my biggest pet peeves)

OMG I know. I was apart of a mara KQ with plenty of high fighters who could tank. NONE OF THEM USED MOCK/TAUNT. The mages ( me included) and archers kept pulling agro because the fighters didn't mock/taunt. One fighter even said, "what is mock?"

X_X

lamchopz 07-18-2008 06:32 PM

lol

I'm a dd so I rarely had to do tanking except one time in GH KQ when there was no tanker. Lucky I was lvl 32 and there were 2+ clerics kicking me so we made it in the end. xD

I saw then that being a tanker wasn't easy. ^^

Kirise 07-18-2008 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secbro18 (Post 191920)
OMG I know. I was apart of a mara KQ with plenty of high fighters who could tank. NONE OF THEM USED MOCK/TAUNT. The mages ( me included) and archers kept pulling agro because the fighters didn't mock/taunt. One fighter even said, "what is mock?"

X_X

ARGH that annoys me aswell, although in a few within both mara kq and slime kq i had this.
TANKER: I TANK I GOTS HIGHEST DEF
everyone else: ok then go
*fight goes on and tanker loses control*
some people: TANKER USE MOCK(mara KQ)/SNARLING KICK(Slime and Mara KQ)
TANKER: I DON'T HAVE THAT SKILL
*Everyone dead tanker blames it on cleric cause they "didn't heal"
:hulksmash:

superalim 07-19-2008 05:11 AM

I am tanker built so i am ready to tank mostly all the time... There one time in a Honeying KQ, I am the only fighter so i am forced to tank, because I don't wanna people call me "chicken"... I kept on tanking and tanking and tanking, we manage to get to the Honeying and we slay a few Dark Honeying, but we failed. If only they can give us like 5 mins more we could have beaten it >.< and that was the first time I tanking in Honeying KQ, I think I did a great job there.. :nahnah:

God_sent_Angel 07-20-2008 02:28 PM

:urweird:*stabs fighter voodo doll with a needle* AHHHHHHGGGG
God am i glad i got my cleric to level 26 >.<
i hated being the only cleric in mara kingdom quest!
having about 10 people at a time asking for a heal, while the other five are asking for a rev
it just makes me sick
BUT what really makes me connect my fist to a computer is while playing my archer, the only cleric decides we can't win the KQ when we are half way through the final boss fight....all goes to hell, and what was a winnable KQ turns into a hellish world of anger and hate* and mara's raipier*
*rips cleric voodo head off* DAMN YOU MIKESTER!
oh, and adam...trust me...Gold Hill is not as bad...you get a couple of bad ones here and there...but they tend to be nice people :D

Lexaeus 07-20-2008 04:44 PM

Yeah just hope your people know to check their inventory for the key if it is on sequential allocation. Had a couple of kqs where people didn't know they had the key and we failed................... 1 more lvl till robo kq ^^

Destrus 07-20-2008 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexaeus (Post 193037)
Yeah just hope your people know to check their inventory for the key if it is on sequential allocation. Had a couple of kqs where people didn't know they had the key and we failed................... 1 more lvl till robo kq ^^

robo is a disaster >_>.
after the first part of it you're pretty much just timing your revs to make sure you're alive when the time runs out

i also hate honeying

Lexaeus 07-21-2008 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Destrus (Post 193057)
robo is a disaster >_>.
after the first part of it you're pretty much just timing your revs to make sure you're alive when the time runs out

i also hate honeying

I don't know it was pretty fun to do during the cb granted I only got to do it once though........... Never did honeying but I heard 1/10 chances ofrwinning something like that.

superalim 07-21-2008 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexaeus (Post 193253)
I don't know it was pretty fun to do during the cb granted I only got to do it once though........... Never did honeying but I heard 1/10 chances of winning something like that.

I don't even think it 1/10 chances of winning...

Destrus 07-21-2008 06:17 PM

a lot less than 1/10. you have a better chance of killing robo than beating honeying.

Lexaeus 07-21-2008 06:28 PM

Is it really that hard? Never done it so I don't know

Tamrila 07-21-2008 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexaeus (Post 193687)
Is it really that hard? Never done it so I don't know

Apparently the only time it won was when the GM's decided to come in...
But IDK if anyone won before that.:smarty:LOL!

On my fighter, everyone died so me and a mage had to kill the Charasmatic Mara(fake in the middle)...So we did, and then we got to the boats...I ran outta pots/stones and died. So we commited suicide! :laugh::devil::cheeky: