Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   FiestaFan Fun (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   [FiestaFan] Costume Design Contest - Voting (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14503)

Carmasa 11-05-2008 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A_Forever (Post 250732)
No. Thats not what I meant o:

I mean, if people who are counted as "popular" members keep talking about how great entry blah blah is because of blah blah, then some members may become followers.

Or if other members listen to their "friends" on here then they might become followers too.

Or did you get me the first time and I'm the one confused? D:

The poll's anonymous. :P

Constructive criticism/appreciation for something isn't really a bad thing(?)

I'm too tired to know.

A_Forever 11-05-2008 01:46 AM

Oh well. Its a rule that has to be followed o-o

/shrug

Hessah 11-05-2008 01:48 AM

I thought it was so that no one will "talk up" or "talk down" any of the entries... hence not influencing other people's votes and decisions...

and erm... Thanks~

A_Forever 11-05-2008 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hessah (Post 250735)
I thought it was so that no one will "talk up" or "talk down" any of the entries... hence not influencing other people's votes and decisions...

and erm... Thanks~

I was so getting to that. Well, I knew that yet.. didn't actually say since it just seems like common sense xD

Hessah 11-05-2008 01:54 AM

LOL i was waiting for you to clear it up for him but... u sound like u gave up, so i slipped in my comment kekeke

Carmasa 11-05-2008 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hessah (Post 250735)

and erm... Thanks~

But infuencing is good. o-o
Like just and example, don't go all political, it just seems appropriate at the moment listing the pros/cons of McCain & Palin and/or Obama & Biden, or any of the '08 propositions.

It all comes down to what you think yourself... That's just my oppinion. :]

Hessah 11-05-2008 02:20 AM

Yeah but that's... politics... people WANT your vote for their POWER...

but this is just a tiny forum event for some fun :laugh:

Loveless 11-05-2008 02:28 AM

Congratulations to Hessah for winning our first Costume Contest.

You are now our FF Trendsetter.

Blaaaaaaaah 11-05-2008 02:28 AM

Yes it comes down to what you think yourself but it isn't really what you think yourself it has been influenced by another. Reason we put that rule there is to reduce influence. Influence is not always good if it is not used properly. For example, if someone known with a good "graphic design background" come out to say "this one looks bad because blahblahblah and this entry is way better than that one and blahblahblah", people can be influenced by them easily and may change their opinions, even though they originally liked the entry that was talked down on.

This would not be very fair for the entry who's been talked down on and compared to others in a negative way. Not saying this would always happen, but it is better to prevent it from happening than not do anything about it and just wait for it to happen.

Edit: Thread was closed as I was typing this. Congratulations to Hessah!