Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mature Discussions (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Ohio woman gets life in prison for killing baby daughter in microwave oven (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12983)

+Tequila+ 09-20-2008 10:29 AM

I most likely would have voted for the death penalty as well. I believe if a human takes another humans life they should leave this world the same way as they life they took. Since this will never be the case lethal injection would have sufficed. Letting her live with her guilt is just to nice. From what I remember she showed no remorse during her trial. Too many criminals get off easy because of lawful procedure imo..but where would we be without our legal system I guess.

viasta 09-20-2008 09:24 PM

they should have tortured her, microwave her too but not kill her, just microwave her daily to see how the baby felt when he/she was microwaved. Cut 1 finger off per year to help her keep count of her life in prison

Ralath 09-20-2008 10:55 PM

Really?

We need to be sadistical and torturous in order to right past wrong?

viasta 09-21-2008 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralath (Post 231181)
Really?

We need to be sadistical and torturous in order to right past wrong?

yes, if someone do something bad to someone else, we'll do the same thing to that someone who did that something bad.

Ralath 09-21-2008 06:18 PM

That echoes Hammurabi's Code--eye for an eye and all that. Hammurabi's Code was written almost 4000 years ago. I would like to think society as a whole would have moved past that.

Luna 09-21-2008 06:59 PM

I think all prisoners should die... People say..let them suffer..BUT who pays for them to eat in prison? We do. Who pays for their cable tv? We do. Who pays for their excersizing equipment? We do.

All in all, WE pay for them to live the good life in guilt -.-

Death to them all, plus it will scare everyone from even commiting a crime.

crime = death.. I like it.

moparisthebest 09-22-2008 08:22 AM

This is one of the most craziest stories I've ever read. Heating someone in a microwave? That is.. insane.. and sad.
Sad that the mother doesn't even care for her own daughter.. what a maniac.
Some people can do anything these days.

@ the people that said she deserved a death penalty
I know there are death penalties in some countries. I don't live in one. But let's face it. A life is a life. Killing her doesn't solve anything. Yeah she deserves to be chucked in jail for years but killing them for the death of someone else is not the way to go. Nobody wants to die. I believe those that take revenge are just as evil as the killer.

Blaaaaaaaah 09-22-2008 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moparisthebest (Post 231990)
@ the people that said she deserved a death penalty
I know there are death penalties in some countries. I don't live in one. But let's face it. A life is a life. Killing her doesn't solve anything. Yeah she deserves to be chucked in jail for years but killing them for the death of someone else is not the way to go. Nobody wants to die. I believe those that take revenge are just as evil as the killer.

Well said.

If we do the same thing as a criminal does, that would make us just as bad as the criminal themselves.

You're suppose to learn from history, and not repeat it.

Fighterboy 10-18-2008 02:42 PM

Microwaved baby......what the heck was wrong with that lady i feel bad for the baby.Death penalty for her.

Phantom Badger 10-18-2008 04:45 PM

Oh god....

This reminds me of something I heard a year ago about two teenagers covering a puppy in paint and cooking it in the oven alive...Just for fun.

some people are sick beyond comparison