Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mature Discussions (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Apathy. (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20939)

Enraya 05-24-2009 07:14 AM

Er, well Jikanu, apparently humans can't. They just can't accept the fact humans are different? Why? How should we know? =o= Everybody thinks differently.

Sooooooo...
if you want everybody to think the sammmeeeee...

1) mass purge everybody.
2) educate everybody to think the same way. For those who don't agree, make them change. Or kill them.
4) genetically modify everyone.

There's bound to be somebody out there who doesn't like somebody else. In fact, it might even be a tradition or religious. There's going to be a whole lot of bloodshed in the world if you told them to stop hating each other. Probably more than now.

>edit
Like what Yosei said.

Jikanu 05-24-2009 07:15 AM

Religious and personal beliefs should have no issue, as i mentioned in my edit (sorry for putting it in so late x.x), the only ones i can really see having an issue are political ones, which is where the difficult part comes in.

Yosei 05-24-2009 07:22 AM

But religions usually teach us and tell us that people of any other religious view is wrong, sinful, awful etc.

Religion is a big part of peoples lives in the world. So if a Christian believes incest is wrong, but this other religious group thinks its the only way for humans to survive and become "pure", what do you do? The Christians look at that as if its wrong...

Anything thats wrong is generally seen as evil...

So you're back to square one. You can never make everyone happy, much less agree.

Enraya 05-24-2009 07:23 AM

But political beliefs usually have close ties with religious and personal beliefs.

Hyper 05-24-2009 07:25 AM

And many of the largest conflicts in history have been entirely or partly because of religion.

Jikanu 05-24-2009 07:28 AM

I just meant the voting or not example used earlier... Though honestly, a constitution would solve that. just lay down the basic rights and limits to those rights, and checks and balances to prevent any tyrants, and you should be set...

But still, i dont see why differences arent just accepted. why is equality and understanding so hard for human beings to grasp?

And to a point, yes, hyper. but that brings up the corruption of beliefs, and the faith vs. religion concept and all of that... so it's questionable on the intentions of those using religion as their excuse.

Heading to bed... be back in the morning, i guess.

Enraya 05-24-2009 07:31 AM

Quote:

But still, i dont see why differences arent just accepted. why is equality and understanding so hard for human beings to grasp?
Because we're human. We live to be different. If we didn't, we'd still be in Stone age.
Why is it so hard for you to grasp that?

And Jikanu, you are looking for utopia. The world is never going to be absolutely fair, absolutely sane, face it. To make it that, you will have to put everybody under the same religion, same routine, same thoughts, same everything. Something like 1948. -all hail BB!-

Yosei 05-24-2009 07:34 AM

Time for the dorkiest quote ever.... but I find it true.
Quote:

Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different
standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another.
There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views.
~Squall, FF8

Vasu 05-24-2009 07:35 AM

On a side note Jik, suppose you were given the choice between saving a thousand bums, and a genius professor who has just discovered the formula for a miracle drug which can cure AIDS and cancer, who would you pick?

Blaaaaaaaah 05-24-2009 07:39 AM

Just a light reminder that this is Mature Discussions so please refrain from posting spam. x] Thank you.

Edit: I have deleted any posts that were spammy so the above reminder does not apply to any of the posts you see now before this.