Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mage (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Mages have a major problem (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=628)

Ash 08-03-2007 06:19 AM

I really see little point to putting in a lot of END for a Mage. You could argue of course that it adds a little more defense and HP, but isn't the point of being a Mage to not get hit?
Anyway, I'm really starting to get the feeling that I should restart my Mage, because I powered up Magic Missle. *Sigh*

Antagonist 08-03-2007 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ash (Post 10104)
I really see little point to putting in a lot of END for a Mage. You could argue of course that it adds a little more defense and HP, but isn't the point of being a Mage to not get hit?
Anyway, I'm really starting to get the feeling that I should restart my Mage, because I powered up Magic Missle. *Sigh*

Hey there. I didn't notice you joined.

Anyway, unless you mean you raised it's basic attack power, I think you're fine. I put 5 points into lowering its cooldown and spam it as my main attack. I find that I'm in action a lot more than mages without it since it's nearly instant-cast.

Ash 08-03-2007 01:06 PM

Unfortunately, that's exactly what I did. So much for firepower over speed.
Anyway, my new Mage is level 4 and I've already put one point into lowering the cooldown of Magic Missle.

Yosei 08-16-2007 05:35 PM

Its like that for almost all MMOs. Its not that they need to decrease the amount of damage, its the time it takes before you can cast the spell again. Or give us more spells.

Bao 08-16-2007 07:09 PM

Simply put, if you don't like a mage, don't play it.

=]

WhoIsShaun 08-17-2007 12:33 PM

Uh just my opinion but mages should have an auto cast like in WOW. Mages do something called wanding which is pretty much a magic bolt of energy I guess kinda like an archer auto shooting his arrow accept it looks cooler. That would make mages a lot better and even out the auto attacking. Just because of the archers auto attack and fast dps im thinking of going archer instead of mage because even though mages can pump out a lot more instant dps an archer does constant damage which in the long run is kinda better especially for pvp id love to be able to constantly be doing dps on someone even when im not casting skills.

Neem 08-18-2007 04:30 PM

Could someone tell a bit of a noob about these points to shorten the cooldown time on spells pls, i'd really appreciate it... ty

Meteo 08-23-2007 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimJimster (Post 9596)
i guess im all alone on this one lol

another point is that almost nobody buys skill lvl upgrades for magic missle either, so maybe ill settle for making magic missle lvl 1 auto repeating

watever ill just hav to deal with it then

If you've done all of the cooldown/sp cost empowerments any level of Magic Missile is still extremely effecicient compared to the other 3 starting spells of the same level.

If you're trying to maximize DMG/SP cost that's one way those spells are useful. I sure as hell get them.

I fully empower MM before messing with the other spells. If i can one shot any enemy with say MM4 or MM5, I would rather do it with it, then with other more SP costly spell.

Also think if you're farming what would you rather do. (these are just examples, not meant to be completely proportional to what u do IG)

MM1, MM1, MM1, MM1, MM1 --> dead mob.
or
MM1,MM1,MM4 --> dead mob
or you could always
Fr4,IC4, -- dead mob, but have to shroom soon.

Anyway this last part was stupid, the big point is that, well spend the EP where you are most likely to use them, depending on your playing style. ;)

hansmartin 10-02-2007 11:09 PM

I don't really look at this as a problem, honestly. They take that much damage before I don't actually care...

MagesRequiem 10-03-2007 12:53 AM

The only major problem Mages have is cool down time. It takes way too long for the good spells. I'd actually like to use those higher leveled Magic Missiles (and Fire Bolt) I bought without dying because I couldn't cast it for a while. And the sad thing is, is that even when you decrease the cool down time for spells it still takes too long. Its bad enough we can't take hits very well or even at all.

But we also can't cast decent spells that fast either. One thing I would like for them to add is lowered cool down time on spells (all of them) and allow us to use shields with wands. Staves, I can understand not being able to use a shield. But wands? I just can't. Just switch the stats around for wands and staves that way we can get a bit of extra defense in place of extra power.