Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Same Gender Marriages in MMOs (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3433)

Hyper 12-07-2007 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yosei (Post 54267)
I don't think any parents would go as far as law suits for a little mmorpg, and if they did, they couldn't go very far. I think even a judge would think they're over-reacting.

With a lawyer like Peter Thompson, who knows? ;o

Some big parent groups get together when they get pissy at games, and it just seemed possible, knowing how against it some parents are.

*goes to bed*

Hessah 12-07-2007 09:25 AM

and the media... if the parents got on the the media side (which isnt hard)... they're gonna be quite a big force!!

yeah as Pritcher said... look at the teletubbies... its rediculous!

Hraesvelg 12-07-2007 09:56 AM

I think its funny that people complain about things not being "natural" when, in fact, there are quite a few documented cases of homosexual behaviour in animals in the wild.

Whereas, in nature, we're all using magic to kill dragons.

I could get into the reasons why a "gene" for homosexuality could arise and be evolutionarily stable, but it'd probably be over the heads of people who are wont to complain about it anyway. But, if anyone would like to discuss it further, I'm only a private message away.

Hessah 12-07-2007 10:07 AM

LOL!!! Hrae's response always makes me go "ah yesh exactly.. why cant other ppl think like that" haha

MaxOff 12-07-2007 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
I could get into the reasons why a "gene" for homosexuality could arise and be evolutionarily stable, but it'd probably be over the heads of people who are wont to complain about it anyway. But, if anyone would like to discuss it further, I'm only a private message away.

a gene that favors same gender sex? Such genes will die out very fast. I guess in my tongue i would call u a "Utopist" with a bit contempt in my tone, but i cant find a suitable translation :"utopian" is the direct translation but i don't know if it means the same.

anyway, i don't care if someone is gay or not. Same goes for marriage: Who ever wants to marry someone should do it.

On the other site: people who never have kids are a huge loss for genetic diversity and humanity. But such thinks doens't exist in mmorgs

Blaaaaaaaah 12-07-2007 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxOff (Post 54321)
a gene that favors same gender sex? Such genes will die out very fast.

May I ask, why would you say that? D:

secbro20 12-07-2007 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah (Post 54326)
May I ask, why would you say that? D:

It makes sense from an evolutionary stand point. If someone were a homosexual, then they would not pass on their genes to the next generation, since they would not be with someone of the opposite sex. If the genes aren't passed on, then the gene would dissapear from the gene pool eventually.

Back on to the topic, I have no problem with the idea of same sex marriages. The worst part of this is that its just a game. Its not like they are forcing people to marry the same sex in game. Most people would still probably just do opposite sex marriages. But this was just in a game. Why should people care what fictional fantasy characters do in a fiction fantasy game?

.o0O0O0o. 12-07-2007 01:23 PM

In-game wouldn't mean much to me, since i'm a guy playing a girl. But i could see and understand the arguments one might have against it. IRL, is totally a different story. Where do we draw the line? Some siblings have strong emotions for each other. Aunt/uncle-nephew/niece relations? Check out "Oldboy", korean movie. Sure it's only a movie, but how real is it, in reality? Some pet owners have given millions to their pet, so that the pet would live a "good" life til it dies; yea that's another story but same parrallel.

O-mie 12-07-2007 03:37 PM

Its funny about the evangelical parents thing - because I remember seeig a news segment about th at evangelical priest dude who was really famous or something, turns out he's gay... lmfao

And yeah, its not like homosexuality is new...artifacts from ancient greece even show it was done that far back, by many. =o

Yosei 12-07-2007 04:19 PM

Its not like these games are extremely popular ^^;; Maybe if it were WoW or Everquest or one of those big ones.