Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archer (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Kiting in Fiesta Online ? (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299)

Niion 07-03-2007 04:52 PM

kiting is impossible for 90% of the mobs because they are faster than you. However you can shoot througg obstacles that monsters have to maneuver around [:

Synelia 07-03-2007 05:11 PM

I do that any chance I get! XD I love doing that, you can shoot through walls too. But they can't attack you until they go around the obstacle, unless it's a glitched obstacle where they too can pass through it.

h4v0c 07-04-2007 03:44 AM

did you know that all the mobs in fiesta online will get healed or regen super fast when you stop hitting it like in 1min?

Kiedo 07-04-2007 05:51 AM

The monsters can attack you from anywhere on the screen. They just need to be at a certain range to start the attack animation. If a monster catches you, it doesn't matter how slow it attacks and how fast you run, you will get hit.

On top of that, a lot of the monsters are really fast.

Blaaaaaaaah 07-04-2007 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiedo (Post 3668)
On top of that, a lot of the monsters are really fast.

Or we're just really slow. ;~;

snakz 07-04-2007 04:39 PM

Have to agree on this one, kitting is not really useful as in other games. no really sure why maybe it all the reason every1 just gave in the other post. my advice is to attack the mob as far away and pray that the mob will miss u when it try to hit u :D

Synelia 07-04-2007 04:39 PM

if you're on your horse and you JUST get in the range to be attack by a close fighting monster, you can get away without getting hit. i've done it before o.o..once

Niion 07-04-2007 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synelia (Post 3710)
if you're on your horse and you JUST get in the range to be attack by a close fighting monster, you can get away without getting hit. i've done it before o.o..once

haha that's too much work, i'd rather just stand behind a wrecked boat or fallen tree for a couple years :3

Synelia 07-06-2007 05:12 AM

XD you have to know the radius of their range and blah blah blah it's just pure luck if you get that

Triumph 07-09-2007 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepisfun (Post 3233)
courtesy google define tool:
kiting (mmorpg) - "popular method of killing mobs (monsters) by staying at a distance and using ranged attacks, and running whenever the enemy comes near."

Because of my lack of knowledge of how the combat system actually works, I am not sure if you can even do it.

so another question, is the combat system dynamic (attacks can be made while running) or static (attacks are made while standing still).
the answer to that question will probably give me the answer to the former.

Sounds like what you have to do with mages...