Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Gamigo Announcements (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   [Outspark][Announcement] Re: Powerleveling Services & Gold Buying (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3517)

Hessah 12-10-2007 09:18 PM

would that be like botting? so they hook u up with a higher lvl bot and plvl u...?

coz how would they separate whether it's frds plvling each other, or ppl paid to get plvled...?

Izanagi 12-10-2007 09:18 PM

Because this is a public forum I am not giving our methods away in case people try to work around them, suffice to say, we have our ways of tracking all of this that we have now implemented.

Spirit 12-10-2007 09:18 PM

Okays, but here is where it can get tricky. I traded the GG event Crossbow to my son's account and let his character set up and sell it for 100 silver, then I traded just that 100 silver back to my account to give to the guild for the event.
My account got 100 silvers richer (even though the money is not actually mine, it is the guilds). So, how do you know if it is a legit trade or not?
And when I give whoever in the guild the 200 silvers for the guild events, their account just became 200 silvers richer, but it is a legit trade.

Zwivix 12-10-2007 09:20 PM

Oh never thought of that. Good point ^^

I guess they have their ways as Iza said.

Yosei 12-10-2007 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izanagi (Post 55868)
We can track gold income. If yesterday you had 10silver, and the next day you have 600 silver, we sorta figure out what is up.

But sometimes people can get a hold of a nice item. For instance, an Elderine ring. People will pay gold for that ring. Can you take track of stuff like.. what we've obtained, from who or what, and who we sell it to, etc?
I think in some cases it could be considered hard to determine.

SunUrBuns can make 300s in a half an hour... by selling Xirs.

Izanagi 12-10-2007 09:24 PM

Again, that is only a brief description of ONE method we have, I am not going to go into more detail to prevent anyone from working around us.

Pritcher 12-10-2007 09:25 PM

Yeah, I think that's what Spirit was saying. How to determine legit trades vs gold buying? Oh well, just hope they have a plan for, lol.

At the very least public announcements like that might help discourage some from trying to use the services. Even if it was a straight bluff it can serve a purpose.

I really hope you guys get a handle on it though, good luck in your endeavors.

Zwivix 12-10-2007 09:26 PM

[off topic]On a side note. Do any other GM's have accounts on FF. Casue I asked Dakkon once if he would make an account on here. You know since your pretty cool to hang out here. But I dont know if he made one or do all the GM's just lurk around..[/off topic]

Izanagi 12-10-2007 09:27 PM

I don't think they do, monitoring IRC channels and fan sites has pretty much always fallen under my dominion.

Spirit 12-10-2007 09:29 PM

Haha, hey Pritcher, you wanna take this 200 silver off my hands. :D.
But, seriously, I do hope that they have a way, because Bla~ahs also has a decent amount of silver to give, so it is a known fact already that whoever is the money holder, their account is going to get at least several hundred silvers richer in one day, with no items being traded for the money.

OT: Steam, did you get my PM about the Apoline link to the weekly events not working?